Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] new to forum, inexperienced, always tired, forgetting,
new to forum, inexperienced, always tired, forgetting,
Hello and best wishes to all here in the forum!

My name is Cris, I am from Italy living in Austria. It is my first visit here, my first post and I am very happy to have found an active group of fellow sufferers!

My issue: I have been in treatment for about 3 years and sleep increasingly worse since about half a year. Meanwhile  I suffer from considerable daytime tiredness again and during the day I am very forgetful, unfocused and sometimes even have difficulties finding the right words in discussions (usually I am very eloquent!).

This morning I downloaded OSCAR and read the data from my CPAP machine. Unfortunately I cannot interpret the values due to lack of expertise. I would like to ask you to take me by the hand and point out those areas which show problematic values. I am also very grateful for advice on how these can be improved.

Kind regards from Austria

Cristian

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new to forum, inexperienced, always tired, forgetting,
Can you repost your graph with the following changes:

Only show the Events graph, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak rate and Snore for now. Leave off the other graphs so that the remaining aren't so compressed as it's very hard to read. Also be sure that all the graphs show the entire night, like the event graph. Thanks!

Just off the top, I would suggest moving your minimum pressure up to 8cm with AFlex set at 2.
Move the maximum pressure out a little to 14cm. So new pressure range would be 8min, 14max, AFlex 2.

Let's see if that helps.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go to view and choose Reset Graphs and choose standard. That should make it so we can see it. If not resize so you only show Event Flags, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak rate, Flow limit. Use F12 on your keyboard to get the screen shot. Put it in full view not close up. Then we will be able to see the graphs
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi OpalRose, hi staceyburke!
Thanks for quick reply! Was extremly tired yesterday, got to bed already at 7pm and was in bed till 6.30am with a short bath room stay at 2h20am ca. Better today but not rested, fell like I could go back to sleep anytime.
Here my modified chart of last night, hope you can reead it.
Appreciate a lot your kind help.
Cristian

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I must have neglected to tell you to include the left sidebar with all the statistics.

Also, I don't see in your chart that you made any pressure adjustments.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Without seeing the left part of the graph, it is hard to tell what is happening. Use the F12 key to make a screen shot. it will make the help with clarity and show the left part. Seeing you are from Austria you are on a much different clock than us so I will give the settings without seeing the left side... Both the top and bottom need to be higher. Your hypopnea events are high. So taking up the low side should help that. your top number shows flat tops which shows you did not reach a high enough number to help them. Put the bottom at 7 and the top at 10. I hope that will take care of most of it. We do need to see the left side in tomorrows report to make a better guess.... Also I don't know what mask you are using but the leak rate seem high. Try adjusting the fit as you lie in your normal sleep position (back, side) and try to stop all leaks - don't over tighten that causes even more leaks.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again!
left side visible now!
For changing parameters @ philipps apab I have to study the manual, as my menu is locked.
Kind regards
Cris

Post Reply Post Reply
I had a dreamstation not the same model but I think you get there the same way. First go to the settings menu. While on the settings press and hold (about 20 seconds) the round button AND the ramp at the same time should get you to the hidden menus
Post Reply Post Reply
Masks:
  • use the pico mask (see picture)
  • have Dreamware also, but fits not so well

Post Reply Post Reply
You might try the Dreamwear nasal pillows. You use the same head gear and frame you only need to change the cradle nose peace and put in a pillow. They cause a lot less leakage. They can be purchased much cheaper on amazon if you can’t get it free from your supplier.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 0 34 3 hours ago
Last Post: EntRESTo
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 185 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,959 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 175 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 130 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 256 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.