Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] new to forum, inexperienced, always tired, forgetting,
RE: new to forum, inexperienced, always tired, forgetting,
There is no problem with you going a while at 8. I was going to tell you 9 the first time we changed the settings but I was worried it might be to much change. You seemed to tolerate the change so I thought we could go up one more but again if you want to give the same setting a few days that’s fine.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi staceyburke, hi OpalRose!

Was another good night, today I will switch off the ramp, would let pressure @8, because test the new mask with the pillows today (has already arrived).
Post the oucome tomorrow morning my time.

all the best from Austria
Cristian

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck with the pillows. I think you'll like them. Be sure the pillow size isn't too small, as you don't want it inserted into the nostrils too much. That will cause sores.

See how that works out, then post another chart. You'll probably need to start moving the minimum pressure to 9cm.

Also, turn off the VS2 in the events graph, as they are not really snores and only clutter up the graph. Leave the VS on.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, THX for the advice both staceyburke and OpalRose!

- planned to leave pressure @8 for a couple of days because I thought there would be a correlation between pressure and leaks of the mask. In the sense, the more leaks, the higer the pressure of the machine trying to fix. Is this true?
If not I could move pressure instantly.

Cheers Cris
Post Reply Post Reply
yes lets get a couple nights with the new mask and see if that helps.  Then we can raise the pressure. By the way you have 2 sleep periods on this chart. Not a big deal but if you go to the very bottom of the left column you will see session information. Click on the part where your actually slept. If you try on your mask at 4pm and go to bed at 11pm it will show your 2 sleep sessions as one long session from 4pm til morning. Just get rid of the check mark in the session you do not want to chart...
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Some folk experience more leaks with higher pressure. I agree, it's ok to take things slower.

I used to recommend on keeping notes (a diary) with each change and note how you feel. Although you can see changes in OSCAR and look back on your graphs, you won't always remember how you felt.

Example: I don't tolerate higher pressures well. There is a fine line as to whether a higher pressure will trigger Aerophagia (which is miserable) for me, and not worth it when it doesn't make much difference in AHI.

You will eventually find a happy medium between pressure settings, leaks, and/or comfort.

Good advice from stacyburke.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to mention - Change the mask type on your machine.  The leak rate will be off unless you chose Pillows for your mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again!

Was a little nervous night, first because I wear the new mask the first time, then because today I had to get up quite early.
Sleep wasn´t very deep, indeed I woke up a couple of times, but fell asleep quickly again.

software question: how do I eliminate V2 from summary left column?
question pressure: what if there are any are the side-effects of higher pressure?

thx and have a good night!

Cris

Post Reply Post Reply
The only effect of higher pressure is your tolerations of that pressure. Higher pressure causes more mask leaks but some people have 25 as their top number. To take away v2 by going to the right bottom of the graphs and take away the check mark.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all!

was a couple of days in high up the mountains, no internet.
Had two good nights, feel better and better, huge thx for your help, guys!
The next days I will study the wiki to understand all data of OSCAR more in depth. Think, that leak is still a bit high, and yes, I agree to bring pressure up to 9.
question: is there a way to switch off the ramp entirely? moved ramp to 0, its a workaround.

Attached my last two night, would be very happy if you could comment!

Kind regards

Cris

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and CA events liebano 0 5 2 minutes ago
Last Post: liebano
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 60 3 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 194 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 172 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,974 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 178 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 134 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.