Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] paulauf - Therapy Thread
RE: paulauf - Therapy Thread
Thank you. I'll report back in a few.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Airfit F20 mask I was originally given was a medium and by the sizing chart should have been a large. I've complained about raw spots on the bridge of the nose.  Rather than send a large they sent a Amara View Fitpack. Does anyone have experience with this mask? I had to put eyeshades on to keep the air coming out of the couple dozen holes drilled in the front from drying my eyes. It is very noisy with these holes and it seem like the machine is trying to compensate for the leakage. I know I was awake several times hearing the noise, so I don't know what quality of sleep I had. I ended up with a dry throat as the entire reservoir was emptied because or the increased flow. On the Airfit I only used half a reservoir. Am I doing something wrong? Help!!!

As for the breathing pattern, it's still there, but the the new mask adds a kink in the data that needs to be fixed first.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
After reviewing a fraction of the pages and pages of personal mask encounters, I'm requesting a F30. I'm used to the front hose and like the quietness of the ResMed. If the straps give me issues, I can try the Amara harness I have. It is nice not having to put tape on the bridge of my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night on the Amara View was better, less noise, the tank was low, but not dry, and less wind in my eyes. I'm surnizing the nose cup was leaking on the first night and I thought is all part of the flow out of the exhaust holes. I still had to fiddle with it throughout the night, but I definitely had better sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
The new mask is working well with just a few leaks to deal with at night.  AHI is around 1 consistently. The periodic breathing pattern is still there, but it may be less. Any changes recommended?

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night wasn't good. I have a bunch of crazy pattern that don't get flagged for events. See the overall and zoomed in screenshots. Any ideas? OSCAR says I ot over seven hours sleep, byt I sure don't feel like I did.

Post Reply Post Reply
Also, after a few days with the Amara View, I'm getting some pain on the tissue between the nostrils which I just learned is called the columella. The straps are loose and I'm using a large mask per the sizing guide. There's a piece of the mask that pushes against the nose tissue, just above my lip. Can that piece be removed?
Post Reply Post Reply
My periodic breathing pattern is still there. Any suggestions on what to tweek on the settings?

Post Reply Post Reply
Is the Periodic Breathing showing for the "entire" sleep cycle (6.18 hrs), or just for the aprox. 30 minutes you show on the graph?

If it's just for a small portion of the night, I don't see anything to be concerned about. Are you sleeping well?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is on and off all night. Sometimes I have a very symmetrical "sine wave" looking pattern. Other times the crazy pattern gets worse and is flagged an CAs, OAs and Hs. I was showing times where I have the pattern with flow limitations that aren't flagged. I sometimes throw punches in my sleep or "flail" my arms on my chest. During the day, I'm still quite tired. How long a timeframe can I make a screenshot of that will still presents useful data? I was hoping to try a new mask last night, but since they sent a P30i instead of the F30 that was requested, I'll have to wait (with a sore nose).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 25 980 1 hour ago
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 841 11 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 178 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 259 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,272 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.