Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] [questions about myair] Score?
[questions about myair] Score?
On 10-23-2017 my scores were - 5.56 on machine
                                                     0.1  events
                                                     87/100 score

On 10-23-2017 my scores were - 6.48 on machine
                                                    0.5 events
                                                    96/100 score

How is it that you can have a better score for more time on the machine even though you have a higher events count.  Isn't the point of using the machine is to try to eliminate the events?
A HIGHER score for more time on machine with MORE events and a LOWER score for less time on machine and LESS events.

To me it seems like the thing that seems to matter the most is how much time you are on the machine and not the events, when you are the machine because of the events in the first pace.

Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Score?
Presume you are referring to MyAir scores and ratings over 100.

If so, as you know, My Air rates for time used, events, leakages and on/off times. So the scores may seem better as they rate taking the mask off severely. I have always felt MyAIr put a rosy hue on the results and part of its intention is to ensure maximum use of the equipment which is no bad thing.

At times the longer use of the machine may produce more events and thus a higher AHI number and thus lower score on MyAir. I have always also found that if I have restless nights and low usage of the machine, my events are lower and thus a higher score. My Air is confusing from that point of view.

You will get a better picture by downloading Sleepyhead and posting your data here or on imgur. Many experts here will advise for you to understand your data and give you a better understanding of your development.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a computer you should try sleepyhead. It will give you detailed information. You can use the links below to get started with it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
We will need more data to provide the most effective evaluation of your therapy. As suggested, download and install the free software SleepyHead found here: [url=https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./[/url] . This software provides a wealth of information about your daily treatment and forum members are used to working with it. The guide to using it is found here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

You will then be able to post data from your machine for forum members to review.  It is important that it be organized as described here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Then you can post your data as described here: http://www.loganville.online/download/image.pdf
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The MyAir score is not something I would concentrate on. It provides no detailed data. Concentrate on how you are feeling during the day. That is the most important "score" since your AHI is well below 1.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
You can tell what MyAir thinks is important by the weight they give each section of the score.  The time spent masked is the most important (since it's a compliance issue and the only thing your insurance company cares about), so it's 70% of your score.  Next is mask seal, which is 20%, then another 5% for just not yanking your mask off.  So if you get perfect scores on those you're already at 95%.  You'd like to think that pretty darned good, but the fact is that you can get 95% even if your AHI is over 130 and you can barely stand up.  In fact, AHI is only considered 5% important by MyAir, even though it should be the most important number to you.  

Anyway, don't worry about it.  Any event number below 1 is outstanding.  Many people never get there, so feel good.  

[Image: my.JPG]
Post Reply Post Reply
I want to download the sleepyhead but I need an SD card for my machine as I have an exterior modem, which I also cannot afford right now but Thank you for the information.
Post Reply Post Reply
A suitable SD 16GB card is only $8.99 on Amazon that is a small price to pay for access to detailed data you may need an Sd card reader for your pc/laptop as well.

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
IMO, myAir is more about keeping you on track for compliance. You get graded on how you're doing compliance-wise. I've never managed to figure out how myAir corresponded to reality.
Post Reply Post Reply
MyAIr put a rosy hue on the results - I have kind of noticed the same thing.  When I turn the air off on my machine the time used will read (for example 5.52 and then jumps up to 5.58)  Why do these numbers jump almost immediately after turning off air?  Do they count the time that the humidifier is cooling off, even though I am not on the machine at the time? Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 10 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 265 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 305 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Lövenstein prisma 25 ST low AHI score aergun 1 298 01-11-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 463 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  Sudden Increase in AHI Score mawaw1992 13 2,209 12-11-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.