Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] swelling about the eyes
swelling about the eyes
Hi - my first post.

I've been using my cpap machine now for the last 3 months and analyzing the data vigorously with sleepyhead. My AHI is around 5 pressure at 12 with all numbers improving progressively month by month and feeling better and sleeping this has been a life saver, but, within the last 2 weeks I have been experiencing swelling under my eyes never before experienced - some sort of edema. I am otherwise healthy with no allergies etc. Any answers or possible causes related to cpap? This is a real problem. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: swelling about the eyes
I wonder if this is relevant for you:

https://www.sleep-apnea-guide.com/swolle...-cpap.html

http://drkisling.com/uncategorized/sleep...-problems/
Post Reply Post Reply
I am a newb also, but thanks to the fine folks here at Apnea Board things are working for me too.  BUT some mornings I cannot open my eyes, they are stuck shut, With my fingers I open them and use eye drops and all is well.  So, I think it is the air coming from the exhale of the mask and blowing to the eyes, I have changed the vent to blow downward (hose up over the head instead of down to the chest.)  It is somewhat better this way.  Keep us informed
Post Reply Post Reply
the swelling goes away after 30min from getting out of bed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eye swelling Luvbug 1 337 12-15-2023, 09:05 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Dreamstation 2 vs. Aircurve 10 (Dry, Puffy Eyes) MrIvanDrago 15 1,094 11-09-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Nose mask vs nasal cushions and leak dry eyes silverdr 6 922 09-22-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: KeepingItSimple
Question Pressure on eyes, what could be the reason? newbieusa 4 511 09-20-2023, 02:18 PM
Last Post: UnknownActor
  “Tired eyes” & your experiences spetzal 1 794 12-24-2022, 01:36 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Puffy dry eyes thepiecesfit 7 1,478 09-26-2022, 07:02 AM
Last Post: walt48
Angry Puffiness and Swelling readyforsleep 7 1,850 09-19-2022, 09:15 AM
Last Post: SleepyGal2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.