Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] where the high ODI comes from?
Idea 
where the high ODI comes from?
I recently had the opportunity to do a lot of PSG research (I will write about it in a separate thread). I found something unusual. My apnea is characterized by a very high ODI, despite the apparently effective CPAP therapy. Mainly I have a hypopneas, apneas are effectively eliminated with CPAP. My doctor suggests a diagnosis for hypoventilation of obese people. Are there any other possibilities of ODI problems? With no PAP mu AHI is about 80, and odi 64. On CPAP therapy my ODI is between 10-30 (correlation with AHI). No centrals. Some paradoxical breathings.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: where the high ODI comes from?
ODI - Oxygen Desaturation Index

This is one to check for when symptoms persist and Apnea numbers are low.
Checking is simple and with OSCAR can be correlated with CPAP data.  One simply gets one of the OSCAR compatible oximeters and tests Oxygen levels overnight.  
This is another reason for looking at full sleep studies instead of just the summaries.  Any user that has questionable desats should at least periodically monitor their overnight oxygen levels.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: where the high ODI comes from?
Paradoxical breathing

is often a sign of breathing problems. It causes the chest to contract during inhaling and to expand during exhaling, the opposite of how it should move.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 126 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 701 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 106 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 118 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,422 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 214 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.