Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Diagnostic help
Diagnostic help
This is some data from the third night of a 5-day trial I posted about earlier.
I'm curious if anyone has an explanation on what was going on in my sleep between a little before 2::00 pm and 2:30 pm. My Sp02 went down to about 78% for almost 30 minutes. It looks to me like I was taking very shallow breaths, so shallow that the machine thought my RR went to zero--which I'm pretty sure wasn't the case. This is my first attempt to post a screen shot so i hope it works.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Diagnostic help
My guess is you had a hose obstruction. Either lying on it or had it kinked. . . . Just my W. A. G.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Starting about 150am, your flow rate started dropping. That means your airway was losing it slowly I.e. It was collapsing slowly. Most likely, you went to supine position. The machine saw the flow limitations and raised pressure to the max (13cm). But 13 wasn't enough to keep your airway open, so you had a string of obstructive Apneas. In each of these apnea events, most likely your airway collapsed slowly, then you had an apnea your body woke up a little bit and airway opened. Then it slowly collapsed again. This cycle repeated itself multiple times. It probably corrected itself when you turned and started sleeping on the side.

I would suggest you open up the top end of your machine a little bit at a time. You can open it to 14 and see the effect for a week. If you still see these clusters then open it to 15 and so on.

My 2 cents. YMMV.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2015, 11:06 AM)AshSF Wrote: I would suggest you open up the top end of your machine a little bit at a time. You can open it to 14 and see the effect for a week. If you still see these clusters then open it to 15 and so on.

My 2 cents. YMMV.

^^^ This.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2015, 11:06 AM)AshSF Wrote: Starting about 150am, your flow rate started dropping. That means your airway was losing it slowly I.e. It was collapsing slowly. Most likely, you went to supine position. The machine saw the flow limitations and raised pressure to the max (13cm). But 13 wasn't enough to keep your airway open, so you had a string of obstructive Apneas. In each of these apnea events, most likely your airway collapsed slowly, then you had an apnea your body woke up a little bit and airway opened. Then it slowly collapsed again. This cycle repeated itself multiple times. It probably corrected itself when you turned and started sleeping on the side.

I would suggest you open up the top end of your machine a little bit at a time. You can open it to 14 and see the effect for a week. If you still see these clusters then open it to 15 and so on.

My 2 cents. YMMV.

i hate to draw a conclusion based on one night's data, but I think your are on to something. I asked DW to sew a tennis ball into the back of my sleepware and my AHI went down to 1.25 last night after averaging in the high 20s for the last 6-months. Could the answer be as simple as just don't sleep on your back

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2015, 07:49 AM)swwalden1 Wrote: ... Could the answer be as simple as just don't sleep on your back

Yes, for many people. I have a fraction as my night's AHI if on my side; and run 3 to 5 on my back.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2015, 07:49 AM)swwalden1 Wrote: i hate to draw a conclusion based on one night's data, but I think your are on to something. I asked DW to sew a tennis ball into the back of my sleepware and my AHI went down to 1.25 last night after averaging in the high 20s for the last 6-months. Could the answer be as simple as just don't sleep on your back

Yes, not sleeping on your back may be very beneficial for you. But even on your side you are peaking out at 13 too much. I agree with Ash that you should raise your top end a little. 14 to begin with then see how it goes. I would also raise the bottom from 4 to about 8 or 9. Just because I think a tighter range is better.

So avoid sleeping on your back until you get properly tweaked up, but don't necessarily give up on it forever. I thoroughly enjoy being able to sleep on my back for the first time in many years.

Raising the head of your bed will help as well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FYI: A11 has an acoustic diagnostic sensor Gideon 5 2,858 10-15-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  [Diagnosis] need to read OSCAR diagnostic please help Claudia62 8 621 06-07-2023, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Claudia62
  [Diagnosis] NEW OSA DIAGNOSTIC DEVICE TO HIT USA srlevine1 0 513 05-24-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question SPO2 Diagnostic Criteria YouTakeMyBreathAway 12 1,401 07-21-2022, 01:37 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
  [Diagnosis] Help interpreting diagnostic report rleaman 7 922 05-23-2022, 05:59 PM
Last Post: ThinMountainAir
  Diagnostic ADVICE... 2007User 4 679 05-26-2021, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Diagnosis] Seeking Advice. New to Cpap. Diagnostic Study Done Koalapoo 9 1,072 07-24-2020, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.