Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

RE: Diatomaceous Earth (DE)
Go look at earthworkshealth.com -- they seem to think this cures just about everything! We have always used it for bugs in the house but until I read this series of messages I had never heard about the food grade product. I read that web site and also some fairly fantastic sounding reviews on Amazon of this and similar brands. Must say, being an old hippie, this is beginning to interest me but I am a little worried since there are no scientific studies on it (nor would there be since no one can patent it). But quite interesting and I will keep poking around and see what I can find.

(05-06-2013 08:13 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  Howdy folks, I've had friends recommend food-grade Diatomaceous Earth (DE) as a daily supplement to help with everything from controlling parasites, to helping to lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol, help with joints and Osteoporosis, weight loss, help with teath and gums, etc, etc..

I'm interesting in hearing your thoughts on the use (and safety) of using this stuff. Friends have recommended starting off with dissolving a teaspoon in juice each day, working up to around a tablespoon per day after a week or two.

If you've used it, what were your results? Do you believe it has any benefits at all or is all of it "junk science"?
06-09-2013 03:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sex: Male

RE: Diatomaceous Earth (DE)
Much of the "cures" are probably quackery, however DE is used quite a bit to control internal parasites in farm animals. It does do that job quite well, and it's considered a normal application in farming communities.

So, if you have internal worms or parasites, it might be of use, at least for that.

Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

06-09-2013 04:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  NASA's Earth Day Global Selfie SuperSleeper 0 527 05-23-2014 02:36 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper