Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Did Dreamstation or OSCAR fail to flag or misclassify abnormal breathing events
RE: Did Dreamstation or OSCAR fail to flag or misclassify abnormal breathing events
Again, OSCAR is reporting what the machine says. Ask PR, they haven't told us. They shouldn't be assigning any event durations under 10 seconds.
RE: Did Dreamstation or OSCAR fail to flag or misclassify abnormal breathing events
(10-31-2019, 11:05 PM)bonjour Wrote: Again, OSCAR is reporting what the machine says. Ask PR, they haven't told us.  They shouldn't be assigning any event durations under 10 seconds.

If the blame belongs to PR, then the displayed AHI is higher than the real AHI.

I highly suspect it's not the fault of PR, but OSCAR.
I did notice something from your opening post ChinaMan. Your concern seems to include CA events and flagging. Your DreamStation Auto can't address CA. Would it matter if your machine flagged it accurately when it cannot address the event that was flagged?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Quote:I highly suspect it's not the fault of PR, but OSCAR.

That may be the case (though I doubt it). However you have an option available to you as discussed several posts above. Try Encore - if that comes up with different results we'd be happy to see them.

Otherwise this discussion isn't going anywhere.
(11-01-2019, 12:14 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
Quote:I highly suspect it's not the fault of PR, but OSCAR.

That may be the case (though I doubt it). However you have an option available to you as discussed several posts above. Try Encore - if that comes up with different results we'd be happy to see them.

Otherwise this discussion isn't going anywhere.

Do you know where I can Encore? Before the puzzle is solved––whether OSCAR is accurate––you guys must work endless to take care of the problem. Otherwise, you guys might be actively misleading OSA patients.
Go to the main Apnea Board page then to Private Files and Links in the Private area. Find Encore and/or Encore Pro there. I do not believe that any member of Apnea Board has some evil desire or so much free time on their hands as to "go about actively misleading OSA patients".

My last post still stands as fact as far as I can tell. However OSCAR reports your CA flagged events as given directly from your APAP won't change the fact that your machine will not address them if they are in fact Central.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Note: Encore Basic will not work with the DreamStation.

You will need Encore Pro. Please read the system requirements before downloading.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
The loaders for bothe ResMed and PR are going thru a major overhaul. ANY inaccuracies discovered WILL be corrected. This is the way OSCAR rocks the project. Had you uncovered a valid concern it would be added to the work list and corrected. Many of the changes we have made were originated or validated outside the development team.
(11-01-2019, 02:21 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Go to the main Apnea Board page then to Private Files and Links in the Private area. Find Encore and/or Encore Pro there. I do not believe that any member of Apnea Board has some evil desire or so much free time on their hands as to "go about actively misleading OSA patients".

My last post still stands as fact as far as I can tell. However OSCAR reports your CA flagged events as given directly from your APAP won't change the fact that your machine will not address them if they are in fact Central.

I was not saying your guys intended to mislead OSA patients, but inaccurate OSCAR reports would actively mislead OSA patients as a result.
(11-01-2019, 02:43 PM)bonjour Wrote: The loaders for bothe ResMed and PR are going thru a major overhaul.  ANY inaccuracies discovered WILL be corrected.  This is the way OSCAR rocks the project.  Had you uncovered a valid concern it would be added to the work list and corrected.  Many of the changes we have made were originated or validated outside the development team.

I think you guys must arrange me to have my SD card loaded into an Encrore Pro 2s platform to find out whether it's the fault of OSCAR or not.

I mean whoever makes OSCAR must contact me immediately to find out. Patients may be misled everyday by OSCAR.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 44 1,076 4 minutes ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 1 91 Yesterday, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 345 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,396 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 176 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.