Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Did Resmed change the Airfit P10 Ports?
Did Resmed change the Airfit P10 Ports?
Has anyone with a recently purchased Airfit P10 noticed a change in the exhale ports? More noise and much higher volume air flow that disturbs a sleeping partner. Anyone know how to address this question directly to Resmed? My DME does not have a clue about my observations.

Don - 18 years on CPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Did Resmed change the Airfit P10 Ports?
(01-10-2016, 11:35 AM)numbersman Wrote: Has anyone with a recently purchased Airfit P10 noticed a change in the exhale ports? More noise and much higher volume air flow that disturbs a sleeping partner. Anyone know how to address this question directly to Resmed? My DME does not have a clue about my observations.

Don - 18 years on CPAP

That's interesting. My current P10 mask seemed a little different that the prior one I was using. The air flow from the exhaust was not as strong but was still quiet.

This seems to be opposite of what you describe.

Although, it hasn't affected my therapy that I can tell.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had several p10 masks at this point... 4 I think and each of them has had a slightly different venting. I do think that the most recent of them had the most venting, and given that there have been many complaints of no venting, it stands to reason that they might have deliberately opened it up a bit. On the other hand, maybe there is just a wide variation in the tolerance allowed by QA (assuming they have QA Tongue ).
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2016, 01:01 PM)DariaVader Wrote: On the other hand, maybe there is just a wide variation in the tolerance allowed by QA (assuming they have QA Tongue ).

The "headgear" and lack of hose pivot proves they don't have QA/QC.
Laugh-a-lot
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2016, 09:07 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:
(01-10-2016, 01:01 PM)DariaVader Wrote: On the other hand, maybe there is just a wide variation in the tolerance allowed by QA (assuming they have QA Tongue ).

Laugh-a-lot

Well, if there is no standard set, than it's QA problem. If one is set, than it's QC problem. So, what's the standard? Asking as a happy P10 user who suddenly gets concerned that his next P10 may be nothing like his current one...

BTW. One of the things I like the most about the P10 is the virtual lack of the headgear...
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2016, 10:02 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote: BTW. One of the things I like the most about the P10 is the virtual lack of the headgear...

yup, me2
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2016, 10:43 PM)DariaVader Wrote:
(01-10-2016, 10:02 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote: BTW. One of the things I like the most about the P10 is the virtual lack of the headgear...

yup, me2

X3
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2016, 09:07 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:

Laugh-a-lot

C'mon Paula, tell us what you really think!! Dielaughing

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2016, 11:35 AM)numbersman Wrote: Has anyone with a recently purchased Airfit P10 noticed a change in the exhale ports? More noise and much higher volume air flow that disturbs a sleeping partner. Anyone know how to address this question directly to Resmed? My DME does not have a clue about my observations.

Don - 18 years on CPAP

Yes! I noticed this when my DME sent a replacement frame/hose. You could feel the air flow straight in front of the mask (in AND out) from an arm length away, which annoyed my wife and me. I complained and they gave me a completely new mask instead of just a new frame/hose, which for whatever reason didn't have the same issue.

I think there is too much tolerance in the manufacturing of the fine mesh exhale ports, and we will likely see more of this in the future, which is unfortunate because one of the best features of this mask is the diffuser ports that don't allow a stream of air flow. When you are a side or stomach sleeper, facing your partner, it makes a big difference.

I reported the issue directly to ResMed, and of course they didn't even respond.

Post Reply Post Reply
as a new user of the p10 I don't know what it is supposed to feel like. It does seem hard to breath out and I find myself opening my mouth to get a deep breath but this is mostly during the ramp period. Does anyone else have trouble with it hurting your nostrils in the morning? I have been on this therapy for 6 weeks and have tried 5 masks now. I can't get any to work for me. I am very frustrated now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,264 9 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,321 Yesterday, 06:43 PM
Last Post: psinderbrand
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 44 Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,455 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,584 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,717 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,990 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.