Apnea Board Facebook Editor
Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10 for Her
Humidifier: H5i humidifier with ClimateLine heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

Sex: Female

RE: Did Resmed change the Airfit P10 Ports?
Try without the ramp - or set the beginning to a lower level... you might just have too low pressure to breathe freely. Which dreamstation model do you have? As for the P10, try the next size up on the pillows; they won't go so far up your nose and you will have better airflow

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
01-17-2016 12:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaytonA Offline
Wiki Editor
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

(01-17-2016 12:32 PM)goodnite Wrote:  as a new user of the p10 I don't know what it is supposed to feel like. It does seem hard to breath out and I find myself opening my mouth to get a deep breath but this is mostly during the ramp period. Does anyone else have trouble with it hurting your nostrils in the morning? I have been on this therapy for 6 weeks and have tried 5 masks now. I can't get any to work for me. I am very frustrated now.

If you would start a new thread and list what masks you have tried and what your problems with each were we might be able to offer some suggestions. Finding the correct mask for you can be a very daunting enterprise and just because a mask works excellently for someone does not mean that it will for you. There are, however some things that we may know to look out for.

Sorry to hear that you are still having to fight with it.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
01-17-2016 07:34 PM
WSHenry Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: PR System One REMStar DS560S
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: PR System One + Heated Tube
CPAP Pressure: 6-15 cm H2O

Other Comments:

Am not sure if they "redesigned" the exhalation ports, but I started using a new P10 a couple of weeks ago. The one and only night I used it, I was awakened about two hours into my sleep time with difficulty breathing and a gurgling sound coming from the heated tube. I disconnected the P10. On examination, I discovered the pillows and frame had drops of water accumulated, as well as in the short connecting hose. I drained the heated hose, went with an alternate mask, and slept soundly for the rest of the evening.

I suspected nearly complete blockage of the ports. My solution was to thoroughly clean the mask parts with hot soapy water and rinse in clear hot water. I paid particular attention cleaning and rinsing the mesh ports with a small toothbrush. I had not done an initial mask cleaning before use.

I tried it again for about an hour this afternoon. Air appeared to be exhausted normally and my O2 levels were acceptable.

I will give it an overnight test later and report back. I certainly do not want a repeat performance of night one. It was frightening/disorienting.
01-17-2016 09:26 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
worn_out_in_lebanon Online

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed A10 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F20 (newest Resmed ffm)
Humidifier: Included, ClimateLine tubing
CPAP Pressure: 13-15, EPR:0

Other Comments: I.T. Project Manager. Started CPAP therapy March 16, 2015. Untreated AHI 39.

(01-17-2016 12:32 PM)goodnite Wrote:  as a new user of the p10 I don't know what it is supposed to feel like. It does seem hard to breath out and I find myself opening my mouth to get a deep breath but this is mostly during the ramp period. Does anyone else have trouble with it hurting your nostrils in the morning? I have been on this therapy for 6 weeks and have tried 5 masks now. I can't get any to work for me. I am very frustrated now.

I don't use ramp. I need the starting pressure at 6 minimum.
Anything lower and I can't breathe without a lot of effort.

I also had trouble when I was using a size that was too small. I couldn't exhale enough air out (holes were too small). Also it was going inside my nostrils (just a bit) and sometimes painful after a full night. A larger size that sits outside the nostrils, and bigger holes, was a big improvement. I had been using lanolin cream with the smaller one, and didn't need it with the larger one.

Scrubbing the mesh one-time seemed to help some too.
01-19-2016 05:51 PM
WSHenry Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: PR System One REMStar DS560S
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: PR System One + Heated Tube
CPAP Pressure: 6-15 cm H2O

Other Comments:

(01-17-2016 09:26 PM)WSHenry Wrote:  Am not sure if they "redesigned" the exhalation ports, but I started using a new P10 a couple of weeks ago. The one and only night I used it, I was awakened about two hours into my sleep time with difficulty breathing and a gurgling sound coming from the heated tube. I disconnected the P10. On examination, I discovered the pillows and frame had drops of water accumulated, as well as in the short connecting hose. I drained the heated hose, went with an alternate mask, and slept soundly for the rest of the evening.

I suspected nearly complete blockage of the ports. My solution was to thoroughly clean the mask parts with hot soapy water and rinse in clear hot water. I paid particular attention cleaning and rinsing the mesh ports with a small toothbrush. I had not done an initial mask cleaning before use.

I tried it again for about an hour this afternoon. Air appeared to be exhausted normally and my O2 levels were acceptable.

I will give it an overnight test later and report back. I certainly do not want a repeat performance of night one. It was frightening/disorienting.

An update. Three nights on new P10 after thorough cleaning, rinsing and drying, and normal exhalation port operation. Checked O2, and levels well above 90% for most of the night. Crisis averted.
Smile
01-20-2016 07:53 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Resmed AirFit F20, & N20 Masks gjw 23 2,266 Today 07:39 PM
Last Post: evanr
  Question for Airfit F10 Users PaytonA 1 42 Today 06:35 PM
Last Post: OldVet
  [Pressure] How to change pressure - Respironics Solo slgoltz 5 19,945 11-30-2016 06:32 PM
Last Post: randx2
Question Change Humidity Level Seasonally txpap 9 488 11-21-2016 06:58 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  AirFit P10 Headgear Clips gjw 22 657 11-19-2016 12:11 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  airfit P10 sore nose duece12345 10 527 11-12-2016 02:22 PM
Last Post: macheta
  Airfit P10 love but need something else Chrstauffe 80 8,844 11-07-2016 05:55 PM
Last Post: Gabby