Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Did daylight savings time mess up SleepyHead?
Did daylight savings time mess up SleepyHead?
For some reason SleepyHead reports that I slept from 23.35 pm to 6:47 am last night, but the graphs do not appear for the last hour. Also, the Events tab shows three obstructive apneas and three hypopneas, but only two are listed.

Very strange.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Did daylight savings time mess up SleepyHead?
I've had SH do weird stuff like that to me, too.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Funny, I had something weird happen too.... in the middle of the night I stopped the machine (bathroom) and then started it back up.

At that time sleepyhead starting putting double data on the graphs... e.g. you can the see the ramp from when I turned it back on (see attached.

All kinds of weirdness....
Post Reply Post Reply
Amazing. I just had to remember to bump the time up one hour on Sunday.
Maybe the rest of you should call Ghost Busters or something.

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I've got some weird readings yesterday, too. I like SH's simplicity but it has far too many quirks. Double days are quite common which reallly mucks up the averages.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I too found a strange happening.
On Tuesday night March 12, I only had the machine on for hrs. I had a bad pain night and was unable to sleep. Last night, Wednesday March 12, I had a normal nights sleep. A little longer to catch up.
This morning I transferred my data from SD card to Sleepyhead and Res Scan. Res Scan transferred as it should, but Sleepyhead, Shows my data from Tuesday and Wednesday night combined under Tuesday 12th. No Data for last night, Wednesday. Will this throw all my future data a day late?
I'm like Paula, I like Sleepyhead for it's simplicity, but it usually shows different data than Res Scan.
In like to use Sleepyhead so I can transfer the data to an Excel program that one of our members designed. This I can take to my sleep doctor . I have not been able to do anything similar with Res Scan. Is there a way to this?
Thanks
Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2013, 10:30 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yeah, I've got some weird readings yesterday, too. I like SH's simplicity but it has far too many quirks. Double days are quite common which reallly mucks up the averages.

Hey it's open source, which is a fancy way of saying, if you have a problem, fix it yourself.

Or, if you're like me and can't program worth a damn then you just keep it to yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's kinda rude, Ugly. I'm hoping I just am misinterpreting what you are saying.

Yes, it is Open Source. No, I cannot code. No, I am not keeping it to myself.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
There is nothing wrong with Open Source software. There are many terrific utilities and operating systems that are open source.

I can't code either. I am not keeping it to myself as well.

[Image: 2cents_zpsc67ca329.gif]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been getting a lot of messed up data from Sleepy Head also. I have been having doubled sessions showing up for a while now. The sessions that doubled were usually about 30 days old (give or take). I still get those, but now (since the time change) I also get double sessions on days I've just downloaded. Someone on a previous thread mentioned that under the "Daily" tab on the bar at the left and then on the "Details" tab you can scroll down to "SessionID" and turn off the bad sessions. If you turn off the wrong sessions you will know because the detailed charts will disappear. After turning off the bad sessions you have to close Sleepy Head down and open it back up again to get the averages and overview to re-set. This is what I've been doing for the 30 day old double sessions. The new double sessions can be fixed the same way. I've noticed that one session reflects what time it would have been under Standard time; while the other session reflects the correct Daylight Saving time - so I just turn off the session/s that begin and end an hour earlier than the corresponding sessions/s then close S H and open it back up. This works for me, but I'm sure there are a few different bugs that different people are experiencing.

I really like Sleepy Head and will continue to use it. Even though I download my data to ResScan; I generally look at SH more.

I'll stop recommending SH to new users though, and recommend ResScan instead. Bugs like these could really throw a new user off. Hopefully some of these bugs get worked out, because when it's working right I really do think Sleepy Head is more user friendly.

I'll also continue to report problems in S H. In my opinion, keeping it to yourself is a great way to make sure nothing gets fixed. I really don't think Ugly meant to say that he thought we should keep it to ourselves though. I just think he was trying to say that he thinks that is nature of open source software. I'm not saying I agree with him (especially in the case of S H and JediMark); just saying I don't think he meant it to come across as sounding like he was saying,"Oh, just shut up".
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 203 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 614 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 802 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,214 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.