Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Did my machine turn off in the middle of the night?
RE: Did my machine turn off in the middle of the night?
Well, I'd consider backing EPR back from 3, maybe try 2 or 1. Only reason, the cluster of CA. Now if it turns out this cluster is sleep wake junk (AKA SWJ), then it's likely not going to help by editing EPR.

BTW is there a Ramp on in any form? I'd nix the Ramp completely if it is in fact on.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Dave. When a recent change causes a significant increase in events, It makes sense to undo that change. Your previous results with EPR at 2 looked much better. It appears you do better below a pressure of 11.0, so that might be a good maximum pressure to set.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I've been enjoying exploring the relationship between my sleep experience and my OSCAR data. The knowledge of the board members has been invaluable! My follow up with my sleep doctor is in two weeks, so I want to be prepared.  Thanks for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
On the attached OSCAR screen shot, you'll see the waveform transitions from one shape to another.

Does the second waveform mean anything that I should react to?

It happens a lot when I use my 7" angle pillow, but not when I use my 15" pillow. I sleep good and my AHI is fine when it happens. I think the spiky waveforms happen when I slide down the pillow just a bit and stop when I hike myself up.

I use a SCC and I find my AHI varies a lot based on how I adjust it. I've been working on it and seem to have found the sweet spot for the SCC. I do suspect this is related to neck angle caused by sliding down. But is it important?
Post Reply Post Reply
In the second half of that image, you exhaled from your mouth an d inhaled nasally. Very common, and I hear my wife do it all the time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My mouth is taped. Can I exhale from my mouth if it is taped?
Post Reply Post Reply
Read these sections of the Optimizing Therapy wiki:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...l_Prolapse
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Breathing
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
Question Is it OK to turn on an oxygen concentrator before my APAP machine? EMihalis 10 696 12-15-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,172 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Should I turn off EPR?? sleepygoo 4 582 11-09-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen tierdal 12 3,296 07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: silverdr
  [CPAP] First Night with Machine & Some Questions JoshM6535 4 555 07-13-2023, 02:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.