GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

Sex: Female

RE: Did you watch? Sleepless in America
Thank you to TD for posting the video. I watched it in its entirety and found it really interesting. One thing I wish they would have talked more about is why is it that older people like myself seem to be more prone to insomnia? I feel so much better on the nights when I sleep better, but I have no idea what makes a "good night" better. I stop the caffeine by noon time and I don't drink alcohol, so I can't blame sleepless nights on that.
11-19-2015 02:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
jolycu Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: RemStar Auto with A-Flex (560P)
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: SleepWeaver Elan
Humidifier: Respironics
CPAP Pressure: 5-20

Other Comments: Helping my husband with CPAP

Sex: Undisclosed

Thanks for the link TD. I intend to let it load up first which will take awhile with my very slow internet. Maybe I can watch it later this afternoon! Wink
11-22-2015 12:21 PM
jolycu Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: RemStar Auto with A-Flex (560P)
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: SleepWeaver Elan
Humidifier: Respironics
CPAP Pressure: 5-20

Other Comments: Helping my husband with CPAP

Sex: Undisclosed

That was a very interesting program. One thing I am curious about and which they didn't touch upon was people who work night shift for long periods. I was a truck driver with my husband for close to 20 years and what we found best for us was he do the daytime driving and I do the night driving. It worked well for us when we were on the road but it was more difficult during our off times. I tried to stick to that schedule when we were home but it was very difficult. What usually happened was that I would end up staying up the full 24 hours before we went back to work so that I would be ready to sleep when we got in the truck. So I had a nearly normal schedule, it was just backwards. What really amazed me though was when I quit driving and went back to school, was how easily I adapted back to sleeping at night and being awake during the day. I thought it would really be hard to go back to that because for 20 years I had been sleeping during the day, but it only took a week or so to adapt.
11-22-2015 03:59 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  CMS50F - is the watch band replaceable? MichaelWD64 3 384 01-22-2016 03:48 PM
Last Post: MichaelWD64
  Sleepless in America TyroneShoes 8 1,449 12-04-2014 09:04 PM
Last Post: TyroneShoes
  [News] “Sleepless in America” - National Geographic Special ApneaNews 1 867 11-20-2014 05:06 PM
Last Post: surferdude2
  Sleepless Partner Exhausted 9 2,190 02-27-2014 01:02 PM
Last Post: Peter_C
  [News] Take home clinic: Sleeptracker watch offers analytics for insomniacs ApneaNews 7 3,856 04-26-2012 12:38 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2