Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Did you watch? Sleepless in America
RE: Did you watch? Sleepless in America
Thank you to TD for posting the video. I watched it in its entirety and found it really interesting. One thing I wish they would have talked more about is why is it that older people like myself seem to be more prone to insomnia? I feel so much better on the nights when I sleep better, but I have no idea what makes a "good night" better. I stop the caffeine by noon time and I don't drink alcohol, so I can't blame sleepless nights on that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the link TD. I intend to let it load up first which will take awhile with my very slow internet. Maybe I can watch it later this afternoon! Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
That was a very interesting program. One thing I am curious about and which they didn't touch upon was people who work night shift for long periods. I was a truck driver with my husband for close to 20 years and what we found best for us was he do the daytime driving and I do the night driving. It worked well for us when we were on the road but it was more difficult during our off times. I tried to stick to that schedule when we were home but it was very difficult. What usually happened was that I would end up staying up the full 24 hours before we went back to work so that I would be ready to sleep when we got in the truck. So I had a nearly normal schedule, it was just backwards. What really amazed me though was when I quit driving and went back to school, was how easily I adapted back to sleeping at night and being awake during the day. I thought it would really be hard to go back to that because for 20 years I had been sleeping during the day, but it only took a week or so to adapt.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lost Trust in CheckmeMax O2 Watch cmpman1974 1 309 10-05-2023, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Old Mike
  Any one have or had a smart watch to track your sleep information. BangkokBoy 8 913 07-17-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: rretamalt
Question Fitbit / Apple Watch with OSCAR B1Sailor 11 2,187 11-22-2022, 08:27 PM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  Watch for monitoring sleep? Benzi 0 492 06-01-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Benzi
  My Sleep Record according to my (not so) Smart Samsung Watch S. Manz 18 2,410 12-06-2021, 10:22 AM
Last Post: ScottZZZ
  Pulse Ox Smart Watch Monitoring podsJ 12 2,008 08-18-2021, 11:53 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Apple Watch Series 6 - Using to track SpO2 while sleeping? Sam R Squared 2 1,377 07-29-2021, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Coffee Man

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.