Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Didge/Apnea info
Didge/Apnea info
I was AMAZED to find that no one in my (hospital) Sleep Clinic Group knew ANYTHING about the (factual or hearsay) relationship between Apnea and the Didgeridoo--nor, for that matter, did they even know what a didge was (and this in Northern California!!!).

Anyway, here's an interesting Apnea/Didge url that those of you interested in knowing more about this subject might find interesting: http:// sleepapneadidgeridoo. com/ (remove all spaces between / and /)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Didge/Apnea info
I don't think it will catch on as a treatment for OSA because it takes a lot of daily discipline to practice it religiously so you
can make your muscles stronger. I read the research and bought a didgeridoo and played it for a while. But I got bored with it
and stopped. I'm sure it can do some good but not as a substitute for CPAP. I just got my CPAP a couple of months ago after fiddling with the didge. It looks pretty sitting in the corner. I just don't have the time or inclination to continue with it. My CPAP works really well and I feel so much better on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
How interesting! I can understand. CPAP was immediately natural to me when I started. But (I found) like everything else (natural and not so) I found my CPAP experience to have its ups and downs. For me the discipline of the didge is not so difficult. I've meditated for one hr (sometimes more)/day for the last 35 years (vipassana). Substituting production of a single tone for watching my breath is not that different and doesn't aversely affect what the meditation is all about (mindfulness). Getting one's partner to agree could be another matter!
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to love to blast my neighbor when his kids got too loud.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 132 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 261 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 693 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 127 19,643 12-17-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,984 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Resvent iBreeze 20A - any info? BadGoodDeb 7 1,570 06-27-2023, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.