Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] A10 Whirring Noise
RE: A10 Whirring Noise
(08-23-2018, 03:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Sonic, if this was paid for by insurance, the warranty is often extended 3 years. If not, I think the prudent thing to do is locate a replacement machine in the event you need to send this one for repair or it fails.  You don't want to be without one if you don't have a backup.

Thanks for the advice.  Since my insurance deductible is high I choose to self pay.  I'm afraid it is out of warrnty.  I use the AirMini as a travel machine and backup so I'm covered there.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2018, 10:28 AM)refurbished Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 08:28 AM)Mustang Wrote: I ended up getting a new A10 and have the old one for parts...

And very likely in 2y you will have all parts but the one you need ...

Sad but oh so true.  I'm putting up with noise for now and waiting for a Labor Day sale on machines.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2018, 10:28 AM)refurbished Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 08:28 AM)Mustang Wrote: I ended up getting a new A10 and have the old one for parts...

And very likely in 2y you will have all parts but the one you need ...

It costs nothing for me to keep the old one. As you point out above, there is at least some likelihood that I will have the part I need in a couple of years.
Post Reply Post Reply
Postscript - During the Labor Day Sale the A10 was on sale for 20% off - brand new unused.  I got one and plugged in  the same tub, tubing and mask I had been using on the whirring A10.  Voila!  No more noise on the new one.  Obviously, the motor is going out on the old one.  Keeping it for emergency backup parts.

One curiosity that I did notice (and maybe I just wasn't paying attention to other A10 threads) was that the new A10 now comes with soft response like the For Her model.  I noticed too that the software versions of the machine and humidifier and modem were different than the older A10 and these updates had not been pushed through to my old machine.  Further, I noticed that the cellular network which transmitted data to Resmed used to be CDMA but is now AT&T 4G.

For those keeping track of the software versions, the current versions are:

Device: SX567-0306
Humidifier: SX556-0204
Internal Modem: SX558-0505
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 32 Yesterday, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 110 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 331 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 578 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 329 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster
  Airmini noise question sfr79 37 19,889 01-10-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: PlasticOwl8474

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.