Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Diet and AHI
Diet and AHI
I have noticed that what I eat and when I eat affects my AHI.
In particular I have been trying to lose a few lbs using what is
called ADF . This is where you eat 500 calories one day then
what you regularly eat the next. Well it seems the days I only
eat 500 calories my AHI is a lot higher than on my normal eating
days. On the other hand if I sleep shortly after a big meal my
AHI tends to be at my lowest levels. I realy hate this because
I have diabetes and the ADF seems to be helping with lowering
my blood sugar more than the other diets I have been on. Any
idea what could cause this .
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Diet and AHI
I too think there is a correlation but haven't figured it out yet.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
If the increased events are CA and H, then I would say it is more related to not sleeping as soundly when you're hungry. It is pretty normal to have more of these kinds of events when your sleep is lighter or disrupted. If they are OA, then I'm stumped.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Eating a large snack before bed is a good thing...?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have type 2 diabetes and eating a meal late at night isn't good for our diabetes. Then there is a small exception that
a small 50 - 100 calories from something that is slowely digested right at bed time may help a diabetic lower there early morning sugar.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a good idea i never thought of tracking my diet and seeing how it corresponds to AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
First, you don't say what your AHI range is on these alternating days vs. the regular days? It is absolutely true that what you eat and when you eat it can affect breathing patterns. It's fairly complex and I only learned about much of it in the past couple of months. But the differences you are seeing may be unimportant over the long run.

Are you feeling increased fatigue or increased sleepiness? Sleepiness just means that you have a need to doze off. Fatigue is weakness, lack of energy. If you have increased fatigue, consider seeing the doctor for more evaluation.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for Help - Excruciating Tooth Pain, a Dentist’s Check, and Diet Change RayBee 10 1,825 05-07-2022, 10:26 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Sport and Diet influence on AHI koala1 8 824 03-14-2022, 06:50 PM
Last Post: koala1
  CSA and Diet? your thoughts/experience please. BFair2all 7 956 08-24-2021, 08:38 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Diet and AHI E.W. 5 764 07-03-2021, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  AHI and diet tmoody 18 2,675 09-19-2019, 02:12 AM
Last Post: AshSF
  Diet [affect on Sleep Apnea] E.W. 6 1,586 07-13-2019, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Bubba45
  AHI and sugar diet relation? horsepower 6 1,444 10-03-2018, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.