Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Difference F20 vs F20 for Her
Difference F20 vs F20 for Her
Has anyone seen both the F20 and the F20 for Her? According to the ResMed product guide on their website, the Frame system includes the cushion, frame and elbow. It indicates 3 different p/ns for the F20 (Small, Med, Large) and 2 different p/ns for the For Her (small, Med). There are 5 additional p/s for the Complete Assembly (Frame System + Headgear).  See attached.

My mom received an F20 complete mask assembly. She was supposed to receive an F20 for Her complete mask assembly.  The DME supplier will not send us the Complete Mask or the Frame System F20 for Her to correct the error.
They say the only difference between the F20 and F20 for Her is the headgear so they sent that only. I emailed them the document I found that shows the above info. They said that the only difference is the little blue or pink accents on the frame so they will not send it.

It is hard for me to believe that ResMed would bother making and stocking different frames where the only difference between the F20 and F20 for Her is little blue or pink accents.
Is the configuration/angles of the two frames really exactly the same?

Very, very frustrated with masks, suppliers, and Medicare today!
Thank you.

[attachment=3608]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Difference F20 vs F20 for Her
You might contact ResMed directly and ask them.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Beej,
Yes, I would love to talk to ResMed but have been unsuccessful. I called the product support number on their website and chose the option for end user.  One time I left a message for a call back rather than staying on hold. It has been a week and no one has called.  Another time I waited on hold for 25 minutes and hung up.  Today, I pressed the option as if I was a provider and spoke to someone who did not specialize in masks. He gave me an email address but I received an "undeliverable" message back when I used it.
Patient education is apparently not their strongpoint.  I am going to see if I can get a working email if I can get to a person willing to help an end user again.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is or was a person from ResMed who joined here, at least briefly. Maybe search the users for ResMed?

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
On the Nasal Pillows mask P10 kit, I've received both kits (normal and "For Her"). There, the only difference is (a) the pillows sizes included and (b) the For Her head strap elastic is about 1" shorter going around the back & top of the head. I don't recall the actual size difference, but I posted it here about 14 months ago.

That doesn't necessarily tell you what differences exist for the F10. But it does lend some credence to what they told you: "only the head gear (elastic part?) is different".
Post Reply Post Reply
only difference is the color. everything else is the same.

looks like the "for her" only comes in small headgear.
Post Reply Post Reply
I finally talked to someone at ResMed but she was having a hard time understanding my question.  She didn't appear to have any detailed information about the frame dimensions.  Bottom line, she told me the F20 and F20 for Her frames were the same size (because they use the same cushions).  But, of course the frames could be different in some aspect and still fit the same cushions.

On another forum, someone told me that his wife used the F20 frame but used the F20 for Her headgear. She had tried the For Her frame and it was too narrow.  I have not personally seen both.  The F20 frame fits very close to my mom's cheeks so I can imagine that person's issue with a more narrow frame.  So, according to that person, there is a difference in the frame.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,244 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 253 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 9 1,066 02-20-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 596 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Being overweight - make a big difference? p123 6 1,828 11-03-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Hose [size difference] Johnboy 10 3,790 09-22-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] difference between sw to cf niro 1 499 08-28-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.