Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Years later and still in the dark
RE: Years later and still in the dark
(12-02-2015, 11:38 AM)DariaVader Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 11:27 AM)RandMan Wrote:
(12-01-2015, 09:47 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Or, perhaps I can help....

How on earth did you do that? I've been trying to figure this one out since yesterday. I had no way to post my data.... But how did YOU get access to my data? I'm not upset or concerned - I'm just frankly bewildered and amazed.

I think he found you on that other forum whose name is an URL

Ahhh yup! Too-funny
Be assured you are not being stalked.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2015, 02:23 PM)DariaVader Wrote: My treated AHI is always low. I ran the machine on a straight 7 for a single night to see, and AHI was still low but I felt like shoe scrape!

One more question about this. When you ran it at 7, did you find that the APAP pressure spent any time in the 7s or did it spend most of the time at more appropriate pressures? I found at settings of 9 or below the machine immediately went up to the 10s as soon as my 10 minute "ramp lock" expired, and when it the pressure slowly came down over the night once it got below the 10s I'd have some precursor (flow limit, snore, funny flow pattern) that would trigger it to up the pressure again. That tendency, along with the comfort of breathing at the minimum while trying to fall asleep, is what I'm trying to base my minimum on.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2015, 03:23 PM)StoopidMonkey81 Wrote:
(12-01-2015, 02:23 PM)DariaVader Wrote: My treated AHI is always low. I ran the machine on a straight 7 for a single night to see, and AHI was still low but I felt like shoe scrape!

One more question about this. When you ran it at 7, did you find that the APAP pressure spent any time in the 7s or did it spend most of the time at more appropriate pressures? I found at settings of 9 or below the machine immediately went up to the 10s as soon as my 10 minute "ramp lock" expired, and when it the pressure slowly came down over the night once it got below the 10s I'd have some precursor (flow limit, snore, funny flow pattern) that would trigger it to up the pressure again. That tendency, along with the comfort of breathing at the minimum while trying to fall asleep, is what I'm trying to base my minimum on.

I tried running a straight 7 (7 max, 7 min) just to see what I would get. My sleep study was a home study for which I did *very little* actual sleeping... it showed no events while on my back, for instance - but i am reasonably certain that anytime I was on my back I was awake! the Doc had asked me to try to sleep on my back for at least part of the night. I got diagnosed with an AHI of 10 with an almost total concentration in the 1 probable REM cycle... and a "much higher" RERA... but the AHI was based on 8 hrs of sleeping when I did more like 2 - I can even pick out where that was on the graph. Bottom line, is that my apnea isn't mild as the home study would suggest, and I was curious. However running a constant 7 did not raise the AHI, I just had a crappy nights sleep. Most likely full of RERA not reported by the S9 and arousal before apnea boundary was reached. Some research shows that women are statistically more likely to rouse sooner than men are - certainly that seems true for me. My son has way worse apnea with much longer events, while i tend to wake up and breathe, but then have unrefreshing sleep.

No matter where I set my minimum when running a range, the pressure quickly goes up to 9 and only dips briefly below it, with enough spikes above it to give me a median around 10 and a 95% between 12 and 14 most nights. it doesnt make sense to me that starting below 9 would make a difference, but it seems to.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 178 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,018 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 680 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 543 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Confused After A Few Years Sleeper396 2 293 02-18-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Sleeper396
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 347 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.