Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Difference between fixed bilevel and auto bilevel mode
Difference between fixed bilevel and auto bilevel mode
i have been operating my Resmed S9 VPAP Auto in both fixed bi-level and auto bi-level modes for significant periods of time since August of last year. Last Friday I got my fourth AHI=0 since starting therapy four years ago or so. I got to thinking about it and it occurred to me that all of these 0 event nights occurred while operating in auto mode and none of them occurred in fixed bi-level mode and they all occurred singly-no 2 nights in a row.

Anyone have any ideas why this might be??

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Difference between fixed bilevel and auto bilevel mode
You forgot to put your mask on?
[Image: party.gif]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I have read and understood, the auto mode adapts to your specific needs at the time so it "should" perform better, however for some people the changes in pressure are disturbing and they get better results with a fixed setting. If the auto works for you then by all means use it, that is what it is there for. As long as you don't fight it, enjoy it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2015, 10:45 AM)PaytonA Wrote: i have been operating my Resmed S9 VPAP Auto in both fixed bi-level and auto bi-level modes for significant periods of time since August of last year. Last Friday I got my fourth AHI=0 since starting therapy four years ago or so. I got to thinking about it and it occurred to me that all of these 0 event nights occurred while operating in auto mode and none of them occurred in fixed bi-level mode and they all occurred singly-no 2 nights in a row.

Anyone have any ideas why this might be??

Best Regards,

PaytonA

No, no ideas why, but I've had two AHI's of 0.0, one last night, and one about a month ago.

The first one, I was on a very narrow Auto range of 9.5 to 11.5.
Last night, I was at a setting of 11-11, auto mode.

Both times had AHI of 0.0, and both times experienced a lot of RERAs and Flow Limitations, but snores were reduced. I wake up for no good reason now at least twice a night, and am tired each morning.

Can't make any sense of it!

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2015, 12:57 PM)OpalRose Wrote: No, no ideas why, but I've had two AHI's of 0.0, one last night, and one about a month ago.

The first one, I was on a very narrow Auto range of 9.5 to 11.5.
Last night, I was at a setting of 11-11, auto mode.

Both times had AHI of 0.0, and both times experienced a lot of RERAs and Flow Limitations, but snores were reduced. I wake up for no good reason now at least twice a night, and am tired each morning.

Can't make any sense of it!

That is strange. I do not check my flow limitations all that often and my machine does not score RERAs so I can't comment on that. Generally, I do not try to reach 0.0 consistently so I have not paid much attention to the other conditions extant during the creation of a 0 night.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2015, 11:15 AM)justMongo Wrote: You forgot to put your mask on?
[Image: party.gif]

I had the mask on but left the machine off! Lolabove Oh-jeez

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 78 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 197 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 140 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Sucking in on bilevel ahuman 9 174 03-19-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: ahuman
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.