Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Difference in reporting useage in Oscar from Sleephead
Difference in reporting useage in Oscar from Sleephead
I just installed Oscar and when I open it it shows:

[img]blob:http://www.apneaboard.com/6e60a6d7-2a62-4103-865d-4916d743b2a4[/img]

The reason for this is since ResMed changes the day at noon in the time zone the machine was set for, 
and I am using it in a time zone on the other side of the world, noon in the original time zone = 06:00 AM 
+ one day where I am. So always if I don't get up before 06:00 AM the sleep report on my Airsense 10 Autoset
machine screen shows that my sleep period was the difference between 06:00 AM and the current time.... 
in this case 21 minutes, even though it may have been 8 hours plus.

SleepHead on the other hand shows this:

[img]blob:http://www.apneaboard.com/8ab19fda-debb-41a4-8d27-d0e0120c213e[/img]

What seems odd is that SleepHead and Oscar both are using same data imported from the card simultaneously.
So the OSCAR data is more up to date ... sort of ... the local date was July 11 last night, but this morning it became
July 12 at 06:00 AM, and the machine sleep report did show AHI 2.86 this morning on July 12 here but it was July 11 
in the time zone the machine is set for, and it would have been 12:21 in the afternoon on July 11 in that time zone.

SleepyHead on the other hand ignores last night's data and reported the previous night's data July 10 and reports the time the machine was on rather than the time the mask was on (that morning I did arise before 06:00 so it shows the correct sleep period length).

I'll try importing the data again tomorrow morning to OSCAR and see if it lumps the 21 minutes from 06:00 AM to 06:21 AM this morning together with the time I will actually use the machine tonight.

ResScan on the other hand (in the report printed out for me by my Sleep Medicine Doctor last month, seems to disregard these date changes at midnight (aka 06:00 AM) in it's summaries.

On the ResScan report (I'll figure out how to attach it later) it does say:

Pressure = cmH2O
Median 17.5               95th Percentile  19.4         Maximum      19.9

What is the meaning of the 95th percentile please?  Is that (as OSCAR seems to indicate ) that the pressure was UNDER 19.4 for 95% of the time, but it did reach 19.9 at some point?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Difference in reporting useage in Oscar from Sleephead
biyahero wrote:
”What is the meaning of the 95th percentile please?  Is that (as OSCAR seems to indicate ) that the pressure was UNDER 19.4 for 95% of the time, but it did reach 19.9 at some point?”

This means that you were at that pressure and below for 95% of the time, and that you were above that pressure for 5% of the time.

biyahero, resend your images following the instructions below in my signature line.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on your other thread you should really change the time on your machine so it matches local time otherwise you will get these strange anomalies if your CPAP device clock is 6hrs out (A Resmed day starts at noon and ends at noon the next day based on the local clock inside the machine)
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2019, 10:25 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Based on your other thread you should really change the time on your machine so it matches local time otherwise you will get these strange anomalies if your CPAP device clock is 6hrs out (A Resmed day starts at noon and ends at noon the next day based on the local clock inside the machine)

Actually my current machine (AirSense 10 Autoset) was issued in and had the date and time set for a location where the 
time is  GMT -10 and most of the time I use it in a location where the time is GMT +8, so that is 18 hours difference, and 
results in the ResMed day at noon in the originally initialized time zone changing at 06:00 AM on the following day's date.

For example now it is 08:13 AM on Saturday July 13 where I am, but it is 2:13 PM on Friday July 12 where the machine was initialized for, which results in the machine changing to a new ResMed day at 06:00 AM here (when it is noon in the location where the machine was initialized) and the date is always one day behind the actual date where I am.

I went to considerable effort a couple of years ago trying to correct the date (there is a whole thread somewhere about that) and I did discover that contrary to what even the sleep lab technicians said it is possible to change the date and time by choosing to erase all data from the machine (and if I recall correctly) start with a fresh blank SD Card as well.  However in the end it is just not worth it, so I left it set for the GMT -10 location.

To my surprise, ResScan and even SleepyHead didn't seem to care about that (see attached ResScan report to see if you agree with that conclusion) and apparently those softwares just lump the two sleep periods (from 06:00 AM to whenever I get up in local time in the morning ...plus the time from 10:00 PM local time that same night to whatever time before 06:00 the next morning local day together into one sleep period.

So hopefully to correct this situation, when I get my new VAuto machine I plan to initialize it (as discussed in the other thread) to the date and time where I will actually use it 90% of the time rather than for the date and time in location where I will be issued the machine, and I hope and believe that will correct most of the anomalies in sleep periods.

Attached Files
.pdf   ResScan Report June 25 2019_20190713_0001.pdf (Size: 701.23 KB / Downloads: 18)
Post Reply Post Reply

.pdf   SleepHead Useage report July 12 2019.pdf (Size: 42.49 KB / Downloads: 19)

(07-12-2019, 08:10 AM)OpalRose Wrote: biyahero wrote:
”What is the meaning of the 95th percentile please?  Is that (as OSCAR seems to indicate ) that the pressure was UNDER 19.4 for 95% of the time, but it did reach 19.9 at some point?”

This means that you were at that pressure and below for 95% of the time, and that you were above that pressure for 5% of the time.

biyahero, resend your images following the instructions below in my signature line.

Thanks for clarifying the 95% question and for showing me how to attach the screenshots, which are resent with this post.

Attached Files
.pdf   OSCAR Useage Report July 12.pdf (Size: 53.57 KB / Downloads: 27)
Post Reply Post Reply

.pdf   SleepHead Useage Report July 13 2019.pdf (Size: 42.65 KB / Downloads: 17)
.pdf   SleepHead Useage Report July 12 2019.pdf (Size: 42.49 KB / Downloads: 15)
.pdf   OSCAR Useage Report July 12.pdf (Size: 53.57 KB / Downloads: 18)

Now oddly I just uploaded the data from my SD Card to check the data from last night's sleep period, and I made sure to get up before 06:00 AM so the Resmed day wouldn't change, and the machine itself on the screen reported usage of 6:31 with events per hour of 0.6.  Now since the SleepHead data when I download the data from the card claims usage of 6:09, apparently SleepyHead disregarded the 0:21 sleep period from 06:00 to 06:21 the morning of that day rather than lump it together as I had believed.

Disregard the dates on the attachments for reasons discussed earlier.

However of more concern is that when I downloaded the same data to OSCAR it completely ignores the sleep period last night and continues to show the same sleep period of the previous day of 0:21 or as it refers to it as "Time the Mask was on"

That doesn't seem normal that OSCAR disregards the last sleep period of 06:XX.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I get my new VAuto machine, what would be the recommended way to use OSCAR and/or SleepyHead with it... perhaps create a new profile so the data doesn't co-mingle with the data from my AirSense 10 Autoset?  

Should I have the SD Card uploads saved in a different directory perhaps?
Post Reply Post Reply
Biyahero, I've taken the liberty of editing some of your posts to fix up the formatting.

Those little usage reports on the welcome page of SleepyHead and Oscar are just for quick reference.To get at the real detail you need to use the daily page, and take a screen shot using the F12 key. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Regarding your new machine, I'd suggest the following:

1. Get a new SD card for the new machine and keep it separate from your existing one.

2. In Oscar, create a new profile for your new machine. Oscar will look after the data locations so long as you make sure you're using the right profile when you upload your data from the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2019, 10:55 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
.pdf   Oscar Welcome Screen last night use.pdf (Size: 53.94 KB / Downloads: 22)
.pdf   SleepyHead Report Last Night.pdf (Size: 244.99 KB / Downloads: 23)
.pdf   SleepyHead Welome Screen from last night.pdf (Size: 43.87 KB / Downloads: 19)

Biyahero, I've taken the liberty of editing some of your posts to fix up the formatting.

Those little usage reports on the welcome page of SleepyHead and Oscar are just for quick reference.To get at the real detail you need to use the daily page, and take a screen shot using the F12 key.  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Regarding your new machine, I'd suggest the following:

1.  Get a new SD card for the new machine and keep it separate from your existing one.

2.  In Oscar, create a new profile for your new machine.  Oscar will look after the data locations so long as you make sure you're using the right profile when you upload your data from the card.

Thanks DeepBreathing for cleaning up the formatting ... I had trouble seemingly when I tried to insert more than one file.

Perhaps the F12 Key for screenshots is for Windows?  I have a MacBook Pro and all F12 does is increase the volume.

What I did here is to go to the Daily View in both Oscar and SleepHead, make screenshots using Snagit 2019 and then save them as files ... is this the kind or reports I should be sending?

For some reason only 3 of the 4 screenshots will insert into this post, and one of the 4 is just an attachment.

So looking at those files, it appears that Oscar is always one day behind what is displayed in SleepyHead, thus the different results as far as AHI?  I uploaded from my SD Card to both programs.

Aside from that, is SleepyHead Beta 2.2 still available?  I am running Version 1.0.0 Beta 2 according to the "About", and the Sleepyhead Page says he updated it to Beta 2.2 before ceasing development.  I decided I might as well get the latest version if I will continue to use it, but when I download it and install it it appears it is still the same version I had dated 
April 21, 2016.... unless that really IS Version 2.2 and the "About" just calls it Beta 2 rather than 2.2?

I do have a new SD Card and will create a new profile for the new machine once I actually get it, as you suggest,
Thanks for your advice and help!

.pdf   Oscar Report last night.pdf (Size: 358.62 KB / Downloads: 19)

.pdf   Oscar Welcome Screen last night use.pdf (Size: 53.94 KB / Downloads: 22)

.pdf   SleepyHead Report Last Night.pdf (Size: 244.99 KB / Downloads: 23)

.pdf   SleepyHead Welome Screen from last night.pdf (Size: 43.87 KB / Downloads: 19)
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day again Byahero.  For some reason your posts are getting scrambled and the attachments are all appearing in the wrong place (which messes up the formatting). So I've fixed the last one for you. The main thing to be aware of is the location of the cursor (the blinking vertical bar) when you click on the "Insert attachment into post" button. If the cursor is within a quote block it's likely to mess things up, so make sure the cursor is right at the end under the text.

You might like to re-read this: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

Can you tell me where you saw SleepyHead 2.2? The latest version I'm aware of is 1.1.0. In any case, Oscar is now fully developed and has superseded SleepyHead, so I suggest you use Oscar only. I think the discrepancy between the reported hours (Oscar v SleepyHead) is due to the fact you're sleeping past noon according to the machine's internal clock. I note your machine is set to GMT-10 but you're actually living in GMT+8 (nice timezone by the way!). If you're going to be there for some time you should probably reset the clock to your local time. When you go back to the states you can reset to your home time, but this must be done in careful stages - there are a couple of threads describing this. You can do it by deleting all data, but that's a bit drastic.

EDITED to add: If F12 doesn't work to take the screen shot, in Oscar use the menu option View | Take Screenshot. This will generate a png file which is quicker and easier to view than the pdf files your app produces.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Multiple machine reporting briano52 2 475 10-19-2023, 11:59 PM
Last Post: briano52
  Confused regarding AirSense 11 data reporting markcs 13 1,740 08-28-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
Arrow Difference between Response Standard, Soft and Autoset for Her mode skvbksc321 0 494 01-18-2023, 03:09 AM
Last Post: skvbksc321
  Develop Resmed Reporting via Bluetooth, Apple Health degrees89 6 1,480 12-23-2022, 04:29 AM
Last Post: degrees89
  reporting time 4Eversleepy 4 862 07-09-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: 4Eversleepy
  ? inconsistency in reporting vibratory snores Dr.Bob 6 1,017 05-04-2022, 08:23 AM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  Oscar not reporting correct climate control? [resolved, will be fixed in 1.1.1] allanri 6 1,566 01-16-2022, 12:00 AM
Last Post: midwestguy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.