Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Difference in reporting useage in Oscar from Sleephead
RE: Difference in reporting useage in Oscar from Sleephead
(07-23-2019, 10:56 AM)sawinglogz Wrote: Another Mac trick you can use to get just the window you want is:

1. Cmd-shift-4, which will let you drag a region of the screen to capture (just like SnagIt), but then:
2. Space bar, which will switch to a window selection mode. Move your mouse to highlight the window you want to capture, then click.

Thanks sawinlogz!  I didn't know about the Space Bar .. I'll experiment with that some more... just now a quick test using the forum screen was inconclusive.

I did know about Cmd-shift-4, but it saves the screenshot to the Clipboard, and I've had trouble figuring out how to find those screenshots unless I go to them right away when I see the pop up box after I make them ... Oh I just found it ... it saves those at least in my case to DropBox in a Clipboard Folder, and I have to use Finder and search for the Clipboard Folder in Dropbox to find them.

There is also Cmd-shift-3 but I think that saves the whole screen too,  I just tried Cmd-shift-3 with this screen viewing our message and the file came out to 1.5 MB, whereas the Cmd-shift-4 while viewing this message produced a 76 KB screenshot of this message (nothing else visible on the screen).  I'll experiment with doing it with OSCAR later.

I just finally got my AirCurve 10 VAuto today, so I'll be making the screenshots somehow of OSCAR soon of those sessions.
Post Reply Post Reply
biyahero - While I don't use a Mac, you sparked my curiosity. I found two Apple sites that seem to be helpful.

Keyboard shortcuts: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201236

Screenshot options for your Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

I hope one or both may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2019, 12:59 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: biyahero - While I don't use a Mac, you sparked my curiosity.  I found two Apple sites that seem to be helpful.

Keyboard shortcuts:  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201236

Screenshot options for your Mac:  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

I hope one or both may help.

Thanks Crimson Nape!

I knew about some of those but not all.  

I use Command C, Command V, Command X, Command A and some others every day, but there are a lot of other useful ones there I didn't know about.

Particularly regarding screenshots I didn't know some new features that came with Mojave (the latest version of OS/X) the Mac operating system such as:

Quote:Capture a selected portion of the screen
In macOS Mojave:
  1. Press Shift-Command-5 to see the onscreen capture controls.
  2. Click Capture Selected Portion in the onscreen control

and

Quote:

• Screenshot controls in macOS Mojave are provided by the Screenshot app, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder. This app replaces the Grab app from earlier versions of macOS

What isn't clear from the Apple documentation is whether you can scroll vertically to include more of a window in the screenshot than appears on the screen as you can with SnagIt ... but definitely these new things I didn't know about are welcome and worthy of experimentation which I will do.

Always helpful to know more than one way to do things! Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Multiple machine reporting briano52 2 495 10-19-2023, 11:59 PM
Last Post: briano52
  Confused regarding AirSense 11 data reporting markcs 13 1,838 08-28-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
Arrow Difference between Response Standard, Soft and Autoset for Her mode skvbksc321 0 510 01-18-2023, 03:09 AM
Last Post: skvbksc321
  Develop Resmed Reporting via Bluetooth, Apple Health degrees89 6 1,516 12-23-2022, 04:29 AM
Last Post: degrees89
  reporting time 4Eversleepy 4 893 07-09-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: 4Eversleepy
  ? inconsistency in reporting vibratory snores Dr.Bob 6 1,055 05-04-2022, 08:23 AM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  Oscar not reporting correct climate control? [resolved, will be fixed in 1.1.1] allanri 6 1,593 01-16-2022, 12:00 AM
Last Post: midwestguy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.