Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Differences in the Wellue O2 Ring App Data Results and Oscar Data Results on the same
Differences in the Wellue O2 Ring App Data Results and Oscar Data Results on the same
Hi. I noticed something very interesting when importing my O2 Ring session into Oscar. The O2 App results as shown in the screenshot and the same data imported into Oscar are telling me 2 different things. Obviously the criteria must be different so im wondering which one is right. For example as you can see in the screenshot of the App report results that my Drops of more than >4% are 1 and my drops per hour are 0.2. My drops below <90% are 0 and my O2 is a very good 9.9! So im thinking everything is fine but when I import this session into Oscar it is showing my desaturations or events are 88 which is 20 an hour which is not great. So what I thought was a really good report from the app turns out to be not great at all when interpreted by Oscar. So which one should I rely on. Obviously  Oscar considers a desaturation/event to be something very different than what the O2 app data results considers a desaturation/event to be? Kind of confusing.
Has anyone noticed this when importing the O2 Ring results into Oscar?
Thanks
Mike

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Differences in the Wellue O2 Ring App Data Results and Oscar Data Results on the same
Hi! OSCAR uses 3% drop for a min of 10 sec (which, actually, is the new guideline for desaturations but 4% is still useful; just recently changed although lots of sleep docs have been focusing on 3%; many oximeters list both). Wellvue uses 4%. You can change the OSCAR setting to 4% in Profile/Preferences/Oximetry if the discrepancy bothers you. Cheers!

Forgot to add that it's unclear to me how OSCAR computes the SpO2 Baseline that it uses...doesn't seem to be 95%tile or 99.5%tile. This makes a big difference on the number of 3% desaturations computed. I can't find the determination anywhere...anyone know?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Differences in the Wellue O2 Ring App Data Results and Oscar Data Results on the same
Not to rain on your parade, but the oximetry parameters in the preferences were never linked up to anything in the program. It is a holdover from the old SleepyHead code. It is on the "To-Do" list, though.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh...my mistake...and good to know. Thanks for the correction.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 67 2 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 76 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 135 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 86 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 48 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 57 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  Transferring old SD data to new Resmed Vauto SD Mal777 15 749 03-21-2024, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.