Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Different “run” vs “usage” hours
Different “run” vs “usage” hours
I’m hoping one of the developers of OSCAR can tell me why the run hours are about 100 more hours than my usage hours? If it’s not a used machine would that be Resmeds QA/QC of the machine before leaving the factory?
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Different “run” vs “usage” hours
Let's think of your ResMed as your car. Run hours is the odometer. This shows all hours. Useage/User hours is a trip meter (your use).

Run hours include the cool down time after you switch off in the morning, when it's cooling off the humidifier.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Understood, thank you
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW the DME or repair shop is capable of reset of "odometer" supposedly after a blower motor replacement and such overhauls, I think you can reset your "trip meter".

And you're welcome.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
where do we find use hours? I looked at 2 of my 3 resmed machines and easily found run hours under 'my options/about'. the use hours I see in the 'sleep report' menu ('period') can be set to display stats on the machine screen for a day, a week, 1, 3, 6 months and 1 year, but I haven't found total run hours for the life of the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2019, 06:54 PM)sheepless Wrote: where do we find use hours?  I looked at 2 of my 3 resmed machines and easily found run hours under 'my options/about'.  the use hours I see in the 'sleep report' menu ('period') can be set to display stats on the machine screen for a day, a week, 1, 3, 6 months and 1 year, but I haven't found total run hours for the life of the machine.

Run hours are under Options> About, User hours under Sleep Report and yes it's tied to the timeframe you want to see. It's not your total use.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 292 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 906 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 476 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 628 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 279 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 496 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.