Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Different Results with new APAP
RE: Different Results with new APAP
(06-05-2015, 05:32 PM)Gadgit Wrote: Thanks Payton,
I guess the question is, did the F&P Icon Auto score CA and put them under OA or did it just not puck them up at all?

The Icon Auto do not detect CA, so cannot score something did not detect in the first place

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2015, 11:15 PM)zonk Wrote:
I guess the question is, did the F&P Icon Auto score CA and put them under OA or did it just not puck them up at all?

The Icon Auto do not detect CA, so cannot score something did not detect in the first place

To a machine that can't differentiate between the two types of Apnea it would still score both as an Apnea. To a machine such as the Icon it would see both kinds of Apnea events the same......a cessation of breathing for more than ten seconds, it just can't tell what kind of apnea it is, but it still calls an apnea an apnea whether it's central or obstructive.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2015, 09:29 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
I guess the question is, did the F&P Icon Auto score CA and put them under OA or did it just not pick them up at all?
My Max pressure for each machine has been under 12 cm H2O.

No question. It would pick up centrals but just as an apnea. With your max pressure it should not be a problem.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Thanks for letting me know. Is there any advantage with seeing them separated out in the data?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Gadgit,
Reminder that no xPAP machine can tell you if you are awake or asleep. So if you are awake and move, cough, turn, hold your breath, talk, sigh, kiss your partner, tell the dog to move, etc, the machine may think you are having apnea disturbances. Just remember this when you read your numbers the next day. And I pulled my mask down and blocked it while talking to my husband. The machine kept raising the pressure, thinking it was an obstructive apnea. I got a huge blast of air when I went to put it back on!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 364 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 563 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,411 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.