Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead Time vs Actual Sleep Time
SleepyHead Time vs Actual Sleep Time
SleepyHead shows events starting much later than when I actually go to sleep.  For instance, I'll go to bed around 10PM and wake around 5AM.  SleepyHead shows my first events at 3:30AM and last event around 9:30AM.  I was told to check the time on my ResMed AirCurve 10 machine and the time on the SleepyHead software.  Is this possible?  How? I couldn't find any time adjustment features on my machine.  Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead Time vs Actual Sleep Time
The timestamp on your machine determines what Sleepyhead reports. You can set the time in the clinical menu, but be very careful because the machine will not allow you to move the time backwards in to the previous day. It sounds like you are about +4-hours off and need to move the machine to an earlier time. This is best to do in the late afternoon or evening as the machine counts its days from noon to noon. So at about 6-8:00 PM go into the clinical menu and scroll down to the Configuration section, then set the time, which may be in 24-hour notation (i.e. 4:00 PM is 16:00 hours) Hopefully the date is correct.

Here is an easy to understand tutorial on accessing the provider menu: https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!  I'll try your suggestion this evening.
Post Reply Post Reply
It worked! You were correct in that my CPAP machine was approximately four hours ahead of actual time. It's now set correctly.
Thanks for your advice!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've only just noticed that my time exactly 1 hour off. I awoke at 3:30am last night but in looking at the time on the horizontal axis of the chart it says 4:30 am. So, I started going back and it appears that all my start times are about an hour later that I normally go to bed at. However, they are correct before Nov 4 2018, when DST ended.

I have tried modifying the DST checkbox in my profile (trying both checked and unchecked), then rebuilding the data but it has no affect on the chart time. I've even changing my Timezone by a few hours, again rebuilding, and again without affect on the chart time. I don't want to change the Resmed machine at this point (I SHOULD'VE done on Nov 4) so I may just live with it all.

But... what do the timezone and DST settings in the profile affect (since they don't seem to change the chart time)?
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at the time on your Airsense.  All reporting times are taken from that setting.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I should've done that on Nov 4 when DST ended.  I don't want to change now, in the middle. I'll just be aware...

This leaves 2  1 questions:

1) Is the Resmed airsense NOT aware of DST?  
Yes, it is not aware of dst and must be reset manually if so desired (as I have learned)

2) What do the timezone and DST settings in the Sleepyhead profile affect?
Post Reply Post Reply
The DST and time zone settings effect some other non Resmed machines I think Philips where the clock is at GMT at all times
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2019, 01:32 PM)sford Wrote: I've only just noticed that my time exactly 1 hour off. I awoke at 3:30am last night but in looking at the time on the horizontal axis of the chart it says 4:30 am. So, I started going back and it appears that all my start times are about an hour later that I normally go to bed at. However, they are correct before Nov 4 2018, when DST ended.

I have tried modifying the DST checkbox in my profile (trying both checked and unchecked), then rebuilding the data but it has no affect on the chart time.  I've even changing my Timezone by a few hours, again rebuilding, and again without affect on the chart time.  I don't want to change the Resmed machine at this point (I SHOULD'VE done on Nov 4) so I may just live with it all.

But... what do the timezone and DST settings in the profile affect (since they don't seem to change the chart time)?

Even if the DST box worked, it would go the wrong way.
Your machine is an hour ahead...  in the fall, we "fall back"....  your machine is set to DST.  Setting DST in Sleepyhead would bump that by another hour.

Before you go to bed, set the machine back by 1 hour, and then leave it alone when DST kicks in next month.  Unless you are OCD about the chart matching reality (I am), there's no benefit to changing it.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
From a therapeutic point of view, your time-stamp from the machine makes no difference at all. Medical practices are only concerned with your use of the machine and general efficacy. Only with Sleepyhead and end-consumer data viewing is the time meaningful at all, and if you use an oximeter it becomes more important that the times are synced. The "correct" time is not even important for individuals unless you are compulsive about it. The purpose of looking at data is to observe trends, issues and solve any problems. The correlations of flow, pressure, and events are all relative, not time dependent. In my mind your bedtime and wake up time are irrelevant. The actual time is only for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 83 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 201 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync hybernate 9 1,296 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 321 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 751 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche
  Time adjust BlueSky1958 0 417 12-10-2023, 08:05 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Oscar Time Display Discrepancy BeardedPAP 2 659 11-25-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: CWest

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.