Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Different pressures for different masks?
Different pressures for different masks?
Was just wondering if it might be possible to need a different pressure w a nasal mask vs a full face mask vs pillows....anyone else wonder this?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Different pressures for different masks?
A lot of people have found they need a slightly higher pressure with a full face mask. When I went from a Quattro Air to a Simplus (both FFM) I needed to bump my Min EPAP up by 1 cm to achieve the same results. I think the volume of air in the circuit has an effect here - the Simplus is physically much larger than the Quattro. Taking this the other way, you could probably get by with a slightly lower pressure if using nasal pillows.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Different pressures for different masks?
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I Monkey with the Pressures? Marie 13 817 12-11-2019, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Zorki1c
  Confused by pressures! Davidacarrick 3 183 12-06-2019, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Melman
  Great AHI readings but wrong pressures Davidacarrick 2 167 11-26-2019, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Respironics vs Resmed nasal masks guiniviere 8 228 11-15-2019, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Coffee Man
  [Merged thread]Have tried 4 different nasal and/or nasal pillow masks. All leak crazy. ChinaMan 24 632 10-22-2019, 10:31 PM
Last Post: WillSleep
  CPAP masks and TMJ? Zhaylin 8 1,160 10-08-2019, 04:57 AM
Last Post: apesee
  Are there any extra large pillows masks? ragtopcircus 12 341 10-07-2019, 08:53 PM
Last Post: ragtopcircus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.