Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Different software - Different results
Different software - Different results
Hello,

Fairly new to the whole apnea/cpap world. Been quite overwhelming and complicated at times - as many of you likely are aware.

I have a Philips Dreamstation machine with a Resmed Quattro Air full face mask. My question is regarding software results.

I use both the Philips Respironics DreamMapper (mysleepmapper.com), software and also SleepyHead. I get different results each night between the two softwares.

For instance, last night DreamMapper gave a number of 4.6 AHI whereas SleepyHead gave a number of 3.53 AHI. The dreamstation machine itself displayed a 4.6. I have no idea why the discrepancy.

The only thing that I can imagine is that I am using a non-Philips mask. The machine has options for mask type, but only gives options (1 thru 5), for Philips masks. When contacted, Philips said they don't know the option since they only know their masks. Resmed wasn't sure so they suggested I turn the setting to 'off' - which is an option.

The mask type may have nothing to do with the discrepancy in readings, but I have no idea what else would cause this.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Different software - Different results
It's not the mask. There is a difference in the software. One of the SW experts likely knows why the difference.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 66 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 332 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 590 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR Will Not Import Last Night's Results Trevor G 1 236 02-08-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 964 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,155 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,072 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.