Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

UPS power possible.
RE: UPS power possible.
An unusual but possible option. Probably not the easiest one.

When I go camping I have a 12 volt cord for my dreamstation that plugs into a 12 volt charger port in the camper. My camper battery is charged by the battery charger when I'm plugged into power at a campsite or by the truck when I'm driving. The cpap machine runs off the battery. If I can't charge the battery, the cpap machine usually will run at least three nights off of it. Longer if I turn off the humidifier heater. So, sometimes for weeks I'm running my cpap off of a battery with the battery being charged only periodically. I never plug the machine in the 110 volt power during this time. In fact, I don't even bring my 110 volt cord.

I suppose one could build a small box with smallish auto battery and a small charger in it. It could be one's power source for the cpap and if the power went off in the night you'd never know it happened unless the power stayed out for more than a few days.

Just a thought.....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remote power button? JohnKoz 4 53 2 hours ago
Last Post: JohnKoz
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 167 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,893 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 249 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,724 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 427 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirCurve power problem Shamus54 10 1,031 10-30-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Shamus54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.