Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Difficulty breathing after taking mask off in morning.
RE: Difficulty breathing after taking mask off in morning.
You are showing clustering of obstructive events indicating likely chin tucking.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2019, 03:27 PM)bonjour Wrote: You are showing clustering of obstructive events indicating likely chin tucking.

Thanks for taking a look.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2019, 03:27 PM)bonjour Wrote: You are showing clustering of obstructive events indicating likely chin tucking.
I'm not sure why he didn't mention it but use of soft cervical collar should eliminate the clustered events. Perhaps it was mentioned previously in the thread. See the link below for more information.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2019, 11:16 PM)Melman Wrote:
I'm not sure why he didn't mention it but use of soft cervical collar should eliminate the clustered events. Perhaps it was mentioned previously in the thread. See the link below for more information.

I did see that in other posts...but thanks for the link in your signature section.

Randy
Post Reply Post Reply
This reminded me.

Long ago as my AHI numbers were good and things were going great, I decided to increase my pressure from 9.5 to 10 just to see if things would get even better. I tried this for a few days and things didn't change much but I did notice that in the morning my chest hurt. Actually my ribs and diaphram. It was like I might have been fighting the pressure of the machine. I know that sounds nuts considering the small increase and low pressures involved. The night I put it back down to 9.5 it cleared up. Never had the issue since. Of course I have never increased the pressure either.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2019, 01:08 PM)DanGagner Wrote: This reminded me.

Long ago as my AHI numbers were good and things were going great, I decided to increase my pressure from 9.5 to 10 just to see if things would get even better. I tried this for a few days and things didn't change much but I did notice that in the morning my chest hurt. Actually my ribs and diaphram. It was like I might have been fighting the pressure of the machine. I know that sounds nuts considering the small increase and low pressures involved. The night I put it back down to 9.5 it cleared up. Never had the issue since. Of course I have never increased the pressure either.

WOW...that is really amazing Dan.

I just changed my CPAP provider because i was not happy with my original one. Am trying a Dreamwear over the nose mask, the under the nose one would move around too much so we will see how this works and see if I have trouble breathing in the morning.

Randy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,106 2 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,763 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 114 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 813 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 121 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  ENT / Morning Sleep r4robin 4 202 03-07-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: r4robin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.