Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Difficulty with f30 mask
Difficulty with f30 mask
i like the f30 mask except for one problem. I am very careful not to over tighten the straps but I seem to always wake up with an irritated nasal septum which takes quite a while to disappear.  I am primarily a side sleeper and even with the straps loose I get up with a red and indented nasal area.  I also know the upper strap is what pulls the mask up on your nose and I make sure it’s not over tight.  
If anyone has a remedy for this problem I would be very grateful as I really like this mask.  
Thanks everyone for your time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Difficulty with f30 mask
The same problem I had with the F30.  Each day the pain would get worse and I would have to switch to an old mask for a few days.  I eventually had to ditch the F30 mask which is a pity as I like its design.

I switched to a Resmed Airtouch F20 and have never looked back.  The memory foam makes it so comfortable that sometimes I need to touch the mask to make sure I've got it on. It allows to me sleep on side, on my stomach and in between.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried an AirFit F30 and never had any issues with it irritating my nose. I had trouble trying to keep it sealed and not leaking air. I'm a side sleeper and that can brings lots of challenges for a mask.

The only other mask I've tried is an AirFit F20. It works well for me. I liked the F30 a lot, but kind of gave up on it a few months ago, for the time being. 

I keep saying that I'm going to put a new cushion on it and give it another shot. Maybe tonight........... Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the F30 and went to the Dreamwear. Based on recommendations here I use a Dr. Dakota Collar which helps with leakage I get when my chin would drop and cause leakage. There is a difference of about 2 to 4 AHI numbers when I don't wear it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why O why do they make the Resmed F30 in three sizes for under the nose, and have one size for the mouth, you cannot tell me everyone has the same mouth width, and why does every full face mask sit just under the lower lip, as I have all on four dental implants into my lower jaw bone, and all the full face masks press against my lower lip and onto my implants.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately the F30 only comes in two sizes, small and medium.  
Anyone using the F30 successfully have any hints to solve this problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2019, 06:32 AM)AFM1 Wrote: Why O why do they make the Resmed F30 in three sizes for under the nose, and have one size for the mouth, you cannot tell me everyone has the same mouth width, and why does every full face mask sit just under the lower lip, as I have all on four dental implants into my lower jaw bone, and all the full face masks press against my lower lip and onto my implants.
I hadn’t noticed that, but I just compared a small and medium. The mouth section does look nigh-identical!

I wish they would offer a large version, though it’s the nasal cradle I’d like to try a bit larger.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did try enlarging the nostril holes slightly. I did it seeking more air, because the best position for leaks and the best position for airflow were not the same with my crooked nose. While it wasn’t my purpose, a side-effect is that it is more comfortable.

This is just a hack job. I was experimenting with snipping off a little at a time with scissors that were too big for the job. The next one will be better ....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Although I am a mouth-breather, one thing about the F30 that I liked a lot, was it's ability to allow me to breathe thru my nose. 

The first night I used it, I was quite surprised at how easy the F30 made it to breathe thru my nose. It didn't convert me from a mouth-breather to a nose breather, but it did allow me to do so for some periods of time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can breathe much better through my nose with the F30, even unaltered, than I can with the F20.

I do find it easier to breathe through my mouth with the F20. Maybe because it allows a little more movement of the jaw, or maybe because I feel less of a blast of air on my lip.

I sleep better if I breathe through my nose though.

Also, my nose always itches just as I finally get the F20 to stop leaking.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,756 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 813 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  [Treatment] Difficulty with TECSA and Hypopneas jjl468 7 1,031 08-14-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: jjl468
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,207 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  anyone else have difficulty clearing throat? martyedb 10 1,488 04-29-2022, 03:50 AM
Last Post: Mso43
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,748 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.