Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dilemma over progress...or lack thereof
RE: Dilemma over progress...or lack thereof
cate1898,
Agree with you that everyone should be given an APAP. Even here in the US, people are given "bricks" by DME's. But at least you can advocate for yourself or get a doctor to agree to an APAP.

At least untill you can get this all worked out, try to get your pressure raised a bit. A competent doctor or DME should realize that a higher pressure is needed if you are experiencing headaches.
Good luck!

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks OpalRose. After about 2 years of these rotten morning headaches I am sooooo anxious to be rid of them!

I will try to contact the DME tomorrow a.m. after my doctors appointment. BTW only about 3% of sleep apnea patients in Ontario actually qualify for an Auto CPAP machine, and sadly I am not one of them.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2015, 07:25 PM)cate1898 Wrote: In a perfect world, everyone would get an APAP machine as a loaner even if not medically necessary and if I understand it right, after using it for a period of 3-4 weeks or so? the machine would give data and a better idea of where a patient's pressure should be titrated to. Just my non-medical newbie opinion.

Agree. And it doesn't even need to be in a perfect world scenario. The technology is already developed and available for all machines to have treatment data. And it's always medically necessary to have a means of assessing the effectiveness of a treatment. You wouldn't give a patient thyroid medication and then never check the TSH to make sure it's the right dose for the patient...
Post Reply Post Reply
OK so today I had an appt with my family doctor. While there I discussed the CPAP situation telling him of my symptoms still ongoing and he agree with me that I am not titrated high enough at pressure 6. He thought at least 7 or 8 might be better but he has no authority to change the settings. He said it had to be the sleep doc.

So I called the sleep doc's office back and had a nice chat with his friendly secretary who after hearing what I had to say fit me in to see him next week as it is the only week I am here before I head south. Thumbs-up-2 Banana
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 51 709 04-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,701 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  So Much Progress! sleepygoo 0 358 10-17-2023, 09:53 AM
Last Post: sleepygoo
  SleepyRyans progress SleepyRyan 1 466 08-05-2023, 02:28 PM
Last Post: SleepyRyan
  [CPAP] stanleyjack cpap progress thread stanleyjack 58 3,863 05-21-2023, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] turbopenguin CPAP progress thread turbopenguin 14 1,102 04-14-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  No Progress: Merge Wperrott92 Therapy Thread Wperrott92 11 1,218 01-29-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Wperrott92

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.