Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Disabiling MYAIR
RE: Disabiling MYAIR
(04-11-2018, 02:56 PM)pholynyk Wrote: There will only be a SIM card if your machine uses a GSM or LTE modem. If you have a CDMA modem, you will have to disconnect the modem board inside your machine. Somebody here described how to do it quite a while back. I can't be bothered; CDMA will disappear soon enough, although Ontario may be the last holdout.

I can tell from this that I'm more technologically behind than I thought. Sigh.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just go into the My Options menu and scroll all the way down to 'About' and click that. Then scroll all the way down again. The last section is 'Internal Modem' and included there it will tell you what Type it has in it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2018, 02:56 PM)pholynyk Wrote: There will only be a SIM card if your machine uses a GSM or LTE modem. If you have a CDMA modem, you will have to disconnect the modem board inside your machine. Somebody here described how to do it quite a while back. I can't be bothered; CDMA will disappear soon enough, although Ontario may be the last holdout.

When I was looking through the Clinical Menu I recall somewhere I saw Telus 3G displayed. That is a western Canadian cell phone network provider. That is what was making me suspect there was a SIM card in it, and specifically one from Telus. Or perhaps it could be the other way around. Perhaps it is displaying that it is connecting to the Telus 3G network... If it was a cell phone I think it would be both, Telus SIM card and connecting to the Telus network.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the link on how to remove the ResMed modem. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...move+modem
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RESMED does not have to adhere to HIPAA. They are not treating you and are not healthcare providers or billers. They do not have the required HIPAA notification you sign at each new medical entity you see means they know they are not under HIPAA. People can voluntarily broadcast and give their information to any entity they want. It is not protected under HIPAA regs if HIPAA law does not apply to them.

I don't think the data they collect will help them develop better machines. In fact, from a scientific standpoint, the data is clearly biased as people self-select to participate. This is not randomized, double-blind clinical trial.

They will be adding to the data they get from you, anything available in public domain. So data that gives annual income, educational level, age, race, homeownership etc. for your zip code is fair game. Even voting registration with political party. Divorce/marriage, criminal record, court cases, your occupation, employer. Your family. Where you went to school. Anything one of those information outlets that can tell you almost anything about a person for small fee was gathered from public records so is available to them.

Your RESMED equipment has a unique serial number so the data they receive is certainly not anonymous. They say they can/will use the data as "pseudoanonymous" indicates not purely anonymous and some identifying will be used/shared.

There is no requirement to register your device with them for warranty/recall. I will not be registering or allowing RESMED access to anything about me personally or provide means for them to fish out anything they want to know about my life.
Everyone has a bad hair day once in a while.  Same with a night on xPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you remove your modem, you could invalidate any remaining warranty on your equipment. So you are past 13-month rental period and own machine. But you have 2 or 3 years warranty on equipment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Last holdout status is just for you pholynyk. hehe Bigwink
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2018, 07:36 PM)zzzlessinMS Wrote: If you remove your modem, you could invalidate any remaining warranty on your equipment.  So you are past 13-month rental period and own machine.  But you have 2 or 3 years warranty on equipment.

Hey the connection popped off by itself. You guys should be more careful building these things. Whistle
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Aliens opened up machine and stole modem.?
Post Reply Post Reply
Even my sleep doctor can't get into my machine. When, at the 3 month visit, I asked to use APAP rather than CPAP, he tried to reset it remotely and couldn't do it. I told him that wasn't a problem--I knew how to do it. He was OK with that--just told me to stay within 10 and 14. I'd been on CPAP 11 and that was what was set on my sleep test, surprisingly. It was a fairly good guess, however. I'm set at 11.5-13.5 now after some fine-tuning, and my average pressure last night was 11.96.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 627 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 461 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,596 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 486 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,087 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
Gross [CPAP] No data being sent to myAir account. cuteandwicked 17 14,811 08-09-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  ResMed MyAir App chris94546 6 1,331 03-23-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rcgop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.