Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

"Not for Resale" "Short Term Use Only"???
"Not for Resale" "Short Term Use Only"???
I picked up a new F&P Simplus for my wife online, and it arrived today. Everything looks OK except the bag says "Not for Resale" and "Short Term Use Only".

I don't care about the "Not for Resale" part, but was wondering what the "Short Term Use Only" part is about.

Is it some sort of cheesy plastic that would cause an allergic reaction, or a cheap headgear that will wear out too soon, or are these just words that the manufacturer uses to keep people from buying what I assume are free samples?

Terry
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: "Not for Resale" "Short Term Use Only"???
This may be "hospital grade" equipment that was intended to be disposable and not for retail market. Materials may or may not be as long lasting as in the retail version but definitely not causing any allergic reactions.
Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2016, 04:16 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote: This may be "hospital grade" equipment that was intended to be disposable and not for retail market. Materials may or may not be as long lasting as in the retail version but definitely not causing any allergic reactions.

It all looks the same.

Just trying to decide if I should send it back and get a refund or open it up.

Post Reply Post Reply
Non-retail masks intended for fitting and hospital use will often have this kind of warning on the package. What you received was not intended for retail sale, and may be identical to a retail product. The seller however, probably is improperly selling, or dare I say stealing inventory not targeted for retail?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I doubt that it is any different, making 2 versions of the same thing is expensive and can cause many headaches.
whatever it was to be used for they wanted the user to go buy another one when finished using for what it was meant for.
Is selling it what the manufacturer intended it for, no, but that does not mean it is stolen property. Maybe they just changed masks and had a few left over.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 476 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 561 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Weird neck/throat movements. Is there a term for this? Rebdr 1 313 10-19-2023, 05:39 AM
Last Post: Rebdr
  Please explain airsense term on clinical settings rebean 2 515 08-11-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: rebean
  [CPAP] Short Duration Cpap Usage Myeung 3 492 06-27-2023, 06:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 684 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.