Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Disappointed with my new F&P Icon Premo non-auto
Disappointed with my new F&P Icon Premo non-auto
My first night with new F&P Icon Premo non-auto and I am disappointed.

The distributor seems to have locked me out of EVERYTHING or I can't read a manual. I get no sleep report not even a clock or pressure reading. The only setting available is humidity.

I was going to ring the distributor first before coming here but he is not available at 2 am Okay so I decided to ask here so I would be better informed when talking to him.

My trial machine was a ResMed 10 Auto and I wasn't happy with it's algorithms or price so I went for the constant press mach because I only need low pressure. The auto used to run too high and the air leaks would wake me up. That's counterproductive.

I'm annoyed that the USB memory card is proprietary too, a bit of a lie there. I have no idea how to read it.

Can I get into the settings easily? Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Disappointed with my new F&P Icon Premo non-auto
To answer your last question first, at the top of this page there is a link to a page of Setup Manuals which has quick instructions to get to the clinicians' setup menu, and further down instructions on how to request the clinicians' manual. Those should get you started.

There is some code in SleepyHead to read data from an F&P Icon, so if you can get the USB thingy out and plugged into your computer, you should get the data you need. (As you could guess, I have never seen an F&P Icon... Sorry)
Post Reply Post Reply
If it is like mine was...I pushed the stick in just a bit and it popped out. I then put it in a USB port on my computer hub...after I had SleepyHead installed.

Been a while...I liked the Premo, but I needed the auto back then. Hope this helps!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2015, 11:34 AM)Hanrahan Wrote: My trial machine was a ResMed 10 Auto and I wasn't happy with it's algorithms or price so I went for the constant press mach because I only need low pressure. The auto used to run too high and the air leaks would wake me up. That's counterproductive.
The AutoSet can be set at fixed pressure as well as variable pressure. The Elite is fixed pressure version, cannot imagine will be more than F P Icon Premo but have not checked prices. Personally, I would buy anything other than the AutoSet, but understand there is a big jump in prices between machines in Australia, especially between AutoSet and Elite prices

As for counterproductive ... I suppose its counterproductive if there is a big gap between minimum and maximum pressure settings so pressure has to travel a long way to get to where suppose to be. But can works very well if the minimum close to prescribed pressure and pressure only increase slightly to address some issues during the night ... that is NOT counterproductive Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2015, 07:35 PM)Barbz Wrote: If it is like mine was...I pushed the stick in just a bit and it popped out. I then put it in a USB port on my computer hub...after I had SleepyHead installed.

Been a while...I liked the Premo, but I needed the auto back then. Hope this helps!

Thanks, I can get the memory stick out OK but it NOT standard USB, it is a proprietary connector. Obviously I need a special adaptor and I doubt anyone will sell me one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't ever seen the machine you have, but googling "F&P icon premo" showed a USB "smartstick" Is that what you have? If so, you should be able to stick it into your computer's usb interface, but you would still need their software I think.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a photo of it on my phone but how do I upload that? It is definitely NOT a USB connector.

Sounds as if this is something new to keep us out of their machine. Bugger that, I paid for it.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2015, 01:36 AM)Hanrahan Wrote: I have a photo of it on my phone but how do I upload that? It is definitely NOT a USB connector.

Sounds as if this is something new to keep us out of their machine. Bugger that, I paid for it.

I assume that your Smartstick is the same as the one for my F & P Auto. Even though it doesn't look like a USB stick, it really is. Just make sure you have it the right way up when you insert it in your USB port. Sleepyhead will read it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2015, 11:52 PM)Arend Wrote: I assume that your Smartstick is the same as the one for my F & P Auto. Even though it doesn't look like a USB stick, it really is. Just make sure you have it the right way up when you insert it in your USB port. Sleepyhead will read it.

I'm amazed, you are right. It didn't look like a USB and I'm not in the habit of sticking plugs into incompatible receptors.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2015, 10:32 PM)zonk Wrote: Personally, I would buy anything other than the AutoSet, but understand there is a big jump in prices between machines in Australia, especially between AutoSet and Elite prices

Zonk meant he would NOT buy anything other than the AutoSet ...

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad F&P ICON auto is dead Letsgomom 19 14,313 01-09-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: capman911
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  AirSense 11 moon icon instead of bars? LJAB 7 847 10-23-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Disassembly of F&P Icon Hanrahan 6 3,584 10-19-2023, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Thanya
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 2,999 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  Need help with part identity F&P Icon Novo Vsidles 2 363 05-03-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Vsidles

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.