Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Disappointed
RE: Disappointed
(07-31-2014, 10:19 AM)robysue Wrote: The pressure data indicates that you are indeed running in VPAP S (fixed bilevel) mode with a very short ramp period...

I agree the pressure graph looks like S mode. But, the mode listed to the left of her SH graphs says APAP.

Could it be that the machine is in Auto mode -- but the IPAPmax and EPAPmin and PS are set in such a way as to constrain the machine's pressure such that it's acting like an S mode VPAP?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2014, 11:18 AM)justMongo Wrote:
(07-31-2014, 10:19 AM)robysue Wrote: The pressure data indicates that you are indeed running in VPAP S (fixed bilevel) mode with a very short ramp period...

I agree the pressure graph looks like S mode. But, the mode listed to the left of her SH graphs says APAP.
I'm pretty sure this is a (known) SH bug. Others have reported inconsistencies between what SleepyHead reports as the mode and what the mode is set to for VPAP and BiPAP machines

Also, the VPAP Auto does not have an APAP mode as I recall. But it is true that if you use VPAP Auto mode with PS = 0, 1, 2, or 3, that will minic the S9 AutoSet's APAP mode with EPR set to 0, 1, 2, or 3.

And it's quite clear from the pressure graphs that Clementine's PS = 6, which also indicates that APAP is NOT the correct mode.

Quote:Could it be that the machine is in Auto mode -- but the IPAPmax and EPAPmin and PS are set in such a way as to constrain the machine's pressure such that it's acting like an S mode VPAP?
Yes, if the VPAP Auto was set to VPAP Auto mode with
  • min EPAP = 5,
    max IPAP = 11,
    PS = 6,
then the machine would act just like it does in VPAP S. But then the numerical data that Clementine posted further up stream would have had PS data along with IPAP and EPAP data.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
RobySue - I agree that a better therapy choice would be to set to Auto and give the machine several cm-H2O on the IPAP to work with.
Clementine's OAs are clustered, as you note.

I use the same machine in Auto; and it does a wonderful job of suppressing flow limitation and impending OA.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, so you've lost me a bit there .... should I go with the advice to ask for the Vpap auto?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2014, 11:55 AM)Clementine Wrote: Okay, so you've lost me a bit there .... should I go with the advice to ask for the Vpap auto?
Yes. You really ought to ask the sleep doc to authorize at least week long trial on VPAP Auto.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  disappointed in airsense 11 after 12 years with S9 Rejackson 4 2,207 04-06-2022, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Disappointed in my sleep Doc Sleepstarved 27 3,745 12-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Totally Disappointed bricki 23 3,974 06-03-2018, 07:56 PM
Last Post: bricki
Sad New and Disappointed JoLyn 71 7,818 02-09-2018, 07:30 AM
Last Post: JoLyn
  Disappointed with rising AHI SpeedyD 8 2,768 02-05-2016, 05:48 AM
Last Post: SpeedyD
  Disappointed with Doc, am I asking too much?? murf2499 19 7,246 02-02-2016, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Sleep87
  Disappointed with my new F&P Icon Premo non-auto Hanrahan 9 3,302 09-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Last Post: vsheline

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.