Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Disassembly of F&P Icon
Disassembly of F&P Icon
Hi, I'm back.
I had to switch off my F&P Icon last night because it was noisy. Not air rush noise but more like the motor bearings were running dry.

The machine is a number of years old but it has only been used irregularly.  Huh

Have others experienced this? If it is dry bearings is disassembly difficult for a guy handy with tools? Is F&P helpful with parts?

I may well require a replacement so which machine is the easiest to search data on?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Disassembly of F&P Icon
Hmmm...

Sorry I can't help with much of what you are asking, but I did find a couple things that you may find helpful.

This might give you a hint of the proper sequence of disassembly and reassembly of the ICON.
Fisher & Paykel ICON Exploded View on YouTube
Exploded View

And this might provide you with some sort of free service or replacement. I'm sure you will have to do some digging to find out if it applies to your ICON and if it is a valid course of action in your case. I didn't read all of this recall, but it is kind of dated.
Class 2 Device Recall Fisher & Paykel Healthcare ICON CPAP
Recall

There doesn't seem to be much info on repairing the ICON, so hopefully you enjoy tinkering and don't run into a need for any special tools to dig into the heart and soul of your machine.  But a bit of tinkering might save you a bunch of money.

Best of luck.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
That was helpful RayBee, it shows that the motor can be disassembled so an odd screwdriver and a few drops of silicone should be all I need.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Outstanding Hanrahan!

After watching the YouTube again and pausing it a few times, it looks like F&P uses a little brushless motor. The silicone oil should easily penetrate even shielded bearings. I use the stuff on numerous tiny bearings in my radio controlled model helicopters. Works great.

Make sure the impeller isn't touching anything it shouldn't too while you are in there performing surgery.

Well-done
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
would u be please guide me how to disassemble icon. it death last night and what I think is the blower motor was broken then I may fix it myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanya,
As you've logged on to a four year old thread, I'm not sure you'll receive many responses.
However, I can suggest you try to access some YouTube Videos. You may receive some instruction that way.

You can also try looking in the Private Files and Links Forum. You must be logged in to your forum account. Go to the Members Only Files page. I believe there is a Use and Care Manual there for the Icon.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Dear Sir. There was some help but not directly as I need, but anyway thankyou very much for ur concern.
Best regard
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad F&P ICON auto is dead Letsgomom 19 14,315 01-09-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: capman911
  DreamStation 2 Disassembly ? M Friedman 1 642 11-29-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirSense 11 moon icon instead of bars? LJAB 7 849 10-23-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Need help with part identity F&P Icon Novo Vsidles 2 363 05-03-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Vsidles
  [CPAP] What does this mean on my Fisher Paykel icon+ annoyed 1 615 11-01-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal farnsy 18 12,673 08-13-2022, 02:56 PM
Last Post: damplc
  Devilbiss Intellipap disassembly REMember 5 1,078 03-31-2022, 07:27 AM
Last Post: REMember

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.