Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Discrepancy in AHI Reporting
Discrepancy in AHI Reporting
So there seems to be a discrepancy between the AHI reported by the machine and the AHI on the same sleep data calculated by OSCAR and given that my AHI is generally insignificant, I had never paid attention to it until now, this is therefore more of a matter of curiosity than it is of concern for me.
I have not compiled enough data to know if the discrepancy between machine calculated AHI and that of OSCAR's is of fixed or random ratio,  but if you happen to know why it exists, I would appreciate your comments.
Here's shots of both, OSCAR and the machine for the same sleep data.(Oscar data is just zoomed in on 3 consecutive Hypopnea events )
Ps.
I am currently if a different time zone at +7 GMT and have not corrected the machine clock yet.
[attachment=35997], [attachment=35998]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Discrepancy in AHI Reporting
What is your Resmed reporting period set to? Day, Week, Month?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHA!
Its set to one month, so it is averaging??
Post Reply Post Reply
As a reminder, I believe the Resmed will default back to Month, anytime it looses power.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The way I minimized any discrepancy was use OSCAR only. The PAP screen is too small and void of most of the useful data. I could also tell how I felt and know more or less what the report would show.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 304 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  AHI Discrepancy w/ AirSense 10 AS and WatchPat Sleep Study TheProphetofLies 6 386 02-26-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 332 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Japanese sleep test vs. Lofta/WatchPAT discrepancy + flow chart morphology analysis? woodenwaterbottle 3 4,548 01-24-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 541 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Discrepancy between Resmed Clinician report and OSCAR lavern 10 1,066 10-12-2023, 02:35 PM
Last Post: lavern
  P10 reporting leaks even when there are no real leaks Michaely6 14 2,611 08-07-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: JasonR

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.