Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Discrepancy with desaturation events between Sleepyhead and Oximeter software
Discrepancy with desaturation events between Sleepyhead and Oximeter software
Hello, can anyone help please?

I am getting wildly different results for <total desaturation events> and I can't work out what is going on.

I use a Contec CMS 50F oxymeter and import the night's data into the software that comes with the oxymeter, <SpO2 Assistant>, then print out the <oxymeter report>.

I also import the oxymeter data each morning into Sleepyhead.

I have set both programmes to the same definition of a desat event i.e. <drop in SpO2 by at least 4% for a minimum duration of 10 seconds>

But the programmes are reporting hugely different numbers of events e.g. last night Sleepyhead tells me I had 198 events in total, and SpO2 assistant tells me I had 15 events in total. I would judge the O2 graph suggests that 198 is the more accurate.

My cardio is keen that desat events are minimal (to avoid sympathetic nervous system stimulation of the cardiovascular system).

Does anyone have any ideas please about what might be going on with the software?

Thanks

Best regards
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Discrepancy with desaturation events between Sleepyhead and Oximeter software
Are the desaturation thresholds in both programs set to the same values? That is about the only thing I can think of.

Parameter adjustment can be found in the SpO2 program under: Options->Parameter Analysis menu.

SleepyHead has it under: File->Preferences->Oximetry tab.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Discrepancy with desaturation events between Sleepyhead and Oximeter software
(12-12-2015, 08:15 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Are the desaturation thresholds in both programs set to the same values? That is about the only thing I can think of.

Yes, thanks, both set to the same. I mentioned above
<I have set both programmes to the same definition of a desat event i.e. <drop in SpO2 by at least 4% for a minimum duration of 10 seconds> .
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Added a new pulse oximeter importer... spacewrench 125 20,330 04-14-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: msfabus
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 867 03-28-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 163 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 199 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 274 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,555 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 207 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.