Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Swift FX
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 8-11
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Dishwasher safe?
I was told not to put anything in the dishwasher but I was wondering if anyone has?

Mostly interested in sticking the water bowl from the H5i in the dishwasher every once in awhile.

anyone?
08-11-2013 07:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
OMyMyOHellYes Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Respironics 560 Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage FX
Humidifier: Respironics System One (no heated hose)
CPAP Pressure: 08.0-15.0 cm/H2O
CPAP Software: EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

RE: Dishwasher safe?
Resmed offers two versions of the H5i water chamber. One has a stainless steel bowl and is dishwasher safe (black seal). The other has an aluminium bowl - yellow seal, blue on older models - raw aluminium should never be put in the dishwasher. Dishwasher detergents are more caustic and oxidize aluminum.

OMyMy
08-11-2013 08:00 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Yes, you can put it in the dishwasher. Top rack. And of course not the "pots and pans" cycle. I don't use the heat dry option. I take it out as soon as the cycle is done, do a cool rinse, and put on counter to dry.

The take-apart ones should be just fine. They the cheaper version isn't dishwasher safe but I'm a rebel and do it anyway.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
08-11-2013 08:07 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SleepEZ Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: Autoset (7 - 13)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Respironics Premium Chinstrap. Had to buy myself. My DME ignored prescription and many requests.

(08-11-2013 07:43 PM)ypeels Wrote:  I was told not to put anything in the dishwasher but I was wondering if anyone has?

Mostly interested in sticking the water bowl from the H5i in the dishwasher every once in awhile.

anyone?

After researching quite a bit I found that there are actually two "water chambers" for the H5i that come apart. Go to Supplier #1 and use search terms "Dishwasher Safe Water Chamber for H5i Heated Humidifier" Look for the product images at the lower left corner of the product page, especially the exploded view showing the three parts (unlike the "standard" which has two).

The "standard" tub/chamber that comes with the H5i apparently uses different materials and you can't remove the gasket, which could be damaged by dishwasher detergent. The cleanable version has a center "plate" with the gasket and I don't think it's supposed to be put in the dishwasher. Also, my guess is that the metal in the standard version (probably aluminum) is perhaps more prone to pitting with harsh detergents.
08-11-2013 08:13 PM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

Dishwasher safe is a term used by US on-line suppliers
ResMed description ... standard tub/cleanable tub
08-11-2013 10:06 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ResMed 10 - DISHWASHER SAFE Humidifier Padre_StevieJ 5 1,136 10-05-2016 11:03 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  [Equipment] Changing setting on Remstar Auto A-Flex? Safe to do? pwynnnorman 5 506 07-23-2016 06:50 AM
Last Post: pwynnnorman
  Humidifiers not safe - seriously? FrankNichols 40 2,595 04-20-2016 10:03 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Are over the counter sleep aids safe when on xPAP? Mike91326 21 3,504 02-04-2015 09:25 PM
Last Post: Jim Bronson
  is it safe to use CPAP given to me by friend? budm 4 1,041 12-01-2014 12:48 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  keeping a full facemask safe in airplane travel ? fuzzman716 11 3,155 09-10-2013 09:14 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Equipment] Pulse ox with finger sensor safe for overnight use? Samwrites 14 4,306 03-30-2013 04:08 AM
Last Post: DocWils