Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Distilled water and wipes
Distilled water and wipes
I can't locate distilled water in my area of the UK. Is it ok to use bottled water in my humidifier? Also, what brand of wipes does anyone recommend for daily cleaning of my pillow face mask?
Thank you for any help.
Best regards 
Kathy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Distilled water and wipes
Distilled water is not required. It will help keep the tank clean from mineral deposits. That is not a problem if you wash the tank on a regular basis. A refrigerator with a filtered water dispenser will also provide a good source of water.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Crimson Nape on the water question. I use distilled water because I need it anyway for another use. The main thing to avoid is water with high mineral content (hard water).

Johnson's Baby Shampoo does a good job on cushions but can be a little messy for traveling. I will be interested in responses you get on wipes.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
I use bottled water and generic un-scented baby wipes when we travel with good results.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the fridge info. I have a water filter in mine so that will work well.

Bottled water is easy to get and I will try the unscented baby wipes. Thank you so much.
Best regards 
Kathy
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank Hi .Stan,
Looks like a vote for unscented baby wipes!
Best regards
Kathy
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Kathy

Is your kettle (if you even use one) covered with deposits from the water source that you use with it? If no, then that water source should work fine. Else bottled spring (still) water will work just fine.

I don't use special wipes, but just wet a kleenex/tissue and wet wipe the contact areas, followed by a dry tissue wipe. The facial oil residues will usually come off the pillows by then.

Fridge filtered water will work well too!
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,
I have to clean out the kettle frequently as I live in a very hard water area, so I think I will continue using bottled water. A wet Kleenex sounds good too, so thank you for the tip.
Best regards
Kathy
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2017, 10:59 AM)Kathy Oreardon Wrote: I can't locate distilled water in my area of the UK. Is it ok to use bottled water in my humidifier? Also, what brand of wipes does anyone recommend for daily cleaning of my pillow face mask?
Be careful about bottled water.  It usually (not always) contains minerals that can precipitate out on the bottom of your humidifier and impair it's action.  Depending on where you live in the U.K. your tap water may be preferable to bottled water.  You need water with a low mineral content, also known as "soft" water.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Ed. Good points!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,815 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 184 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] water chamber strong plastic odor twdc33 2 356 01-24-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: twdc33

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.