Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Distilled water and wipes
I can't locate distilled water in my area of the UK. Is it ok to use bottled water in my humidifier? Also, what brand of wipes does anyone recommend for daily cleaning of my pillow face mask?
Thank you for any help.
Best regards 
Kathy
Post Reply Post Reply
Distilled water is not required. It will help keep the tank clean from mineral deposits. That is not a problem if you wash the tank on a regular basis. A refrigerator with a filtered water dispenser will also provide a good source of water.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Crimson Nape on the water question. I use distilled water because I need it anyway for another use. The main thing to avoid is water with high mineral content (hard water).

Johnson's Baby Shampoo does a good job on cushions but can be a little messy for traveling. I will be interested in responses you get on wipes.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply

I use bottled water and generic un-scented baby wipes when we travel with good results.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the fridge info. I have a water filter in mine so that will work well.

Bottled water is easy to get and I will try the unscented baby wipes. Thank you so much.
Best regards 
Kathy
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank Hi .Stan,
Looks like a vote for unscented baby wipes!
Best regards
Kathy
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi Kathy

Is your kettle (if you even use one) covered with deposits from the water source that you use with it? If no, then that water source should work fine. Else bottled spring (still) water will work just fine.

I don't use special wipes, but just wet a kleenex/tissue and wet wipe the contact areas, followed by a dry tissue wipe. The facial oil residues will usually come off the pillows by then.

Fridge filtered water will work well too!
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants.... 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,
I have to clean out the kettle frequently as I live in a very hard water area, so I think I will continue using bottled water. A wet Kleenex sounds good too, so thank you for the tip.
Best regards
Kathy
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2017, 10:59 AM)Kathy Oreardon Wrote: I can't locate distilled water in my area of the UK. Is it ok to use bottled water in my humidifier? Also, what brand of wipes does anyone recommend for daily cleaning of my pillow face mask?
Be careful about bottled water.  It usually (not always) contains minerals that can precipitate out on the bottom of your humidifier and impair it's action.  Depending on where you live in the U.K. your tap water may be preferable to bottled water.  You need water with a low mineral content, also known as "soft" water.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Your brain is not the boss.

Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks Ed. Good points!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone pre heat ttheir humidifier water before use? CPAPreturnee 8 408 07-17-2017, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Gary1of2
  Mask wipes and replacement mask cost CPAPreturnee 10 412 07-08-2017, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Nasal mask filling with some water and causing popping noise Ticman1 13 705 06-28-2017, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Ticman1
  Water question Waldorbigbill 15 583 06-25-2017, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Russatrice
  Resmed S10 water leak from humidifier darren79 37 14,213 06-25-2017, 10:18 PM
Last Post: CB91710
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Autoset with ClimateLine heated hose - water in hose Electric Dreamer 4 325 06-16-2017, 08:18 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Angry resumed s 10 auto set, water chamber not heating duffer54 5 256 06-06-2017, 09:39 PM
Last Post: CB91710