Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Machine Problem
Question 
Machine Problem
Hello fellow Maskateers.

My machine took a spill early this morning and fell to the floor. I put it back together, but now it doesn't blow, it breathes. In and Out, like it was breathing. I don't see this feature on any of the useful images in the users manual. At least I hope it's a feature. I have a ResMed Series M and it has been a good machine for me, even surviving previous leaps off the bed stand. Any help?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine Problem
I am unfamiliar with your machine. Does it have a humidifier, and was there any water in that? If so, I would let it dry out for at least 24 hours before trying to again restart it.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
Service Required Error Codes - Inner Workings of a CPAP machine
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AP-machine
......................................................................................................
If water got to the machine you need to allow it to dry out completely before plugging it back otherwise it would be toasted.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2012, 03:02 PM)Sandalbar Wrote: Hello fellow Maskateers.
One for all, all for one
Maskateers .....Hoseheads ....are one of the same Too-funny
Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sandalbar... Welcome to the forum. When did you folks on Galveston Island secede from the Lone Star state? Too-funny

Well, if its breathing, then it must be still alive !! Maybe you could synchronize your breathing to that of the machine..well maybe not!!

OK, try this.. unplug machine for one minute, then plug it back in for one minute, then unplug it again for one minute, and then plug it back in. Hopefully this reboot will put it back to normal.
Can you get into the clinicians setup menu and/or are you familiar with the clinicians setup. That manual is avbl here on this forum, if you don;t have it. You might have to get into the setup menu and restore all settings to the default and then reset to your preference.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2012, 06:15 PM)JudgeMental Wrote: Hi Sandalbar... Welcome to the forum. When did you folks on Galveston Island secede from the Lone Star state? Too-funny

Actually, Galveston is a suburb of Houston. We help them out from time to time, in part by providing an escape route for hurricanes. We also provide a route in for sand, which they need, and are going to need, in large quantities, since it seems Texas (and Galveston) now has private beaches! Before a recent high court decision, all our beaches were open. Won't now go into erosion issues with bulkheads, etc.. Ahh, progress.

Just teasing Sandalbar. Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined our happy band.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
Jumpstart.. been to Galveston Island many times. Loved it many years ago.

I was also, poking a little fun at the new Maskateer..Sandalbar..hope he has a sense of humor.
His profile location said he lived "near" TX.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys, I appreciate the welcome. My REMStar CPAP has been a life saver. I was actually falling asleep at my keyboard at work. Luckily I had a great staff and I finally got a good sleep test (I did have a bad one.)

I will try everything you guys suggest, and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks again.

Curtiss
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you getting any kind of error message?

If you get an error code, you can look them up here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...rror_codes
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing presents itself as an error code, I will try to get into the non-consumer screens to see if one shows up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,570 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,332 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,469 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 550 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 392 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.