Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Distilled water vs demineralised water
Has someone tried adding a drop or two of eucalyptus oil to the humidifiers demineralised/tap water ? Good/bad/ugly ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2017, 07:12 PM)BHappy Wrote: Has someone tried adding a drop or two of eucalyptus oil to the humidifiers demineralised/tap water ? Good/bad/ugly ?

Haven't tried it yet. I would be concerned that the scent stays with the machine and gets into the parts, etc. After you get tired of the scent, it may take a while to clear from inside the machine components, gaskets, washers, etc. I remember someone suggesting placing the essential oil near the air intake outside the machine although that would probably still result in the same.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants.... 
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2017, 04:37 PM)Whacked Wrote: Never said anything about how safe it is
just how Nasty & Vile tasting it is

I remembered on a road trip through Arizona, 3 decades ago, that the water coming out of the shower at a motel had the faint smell of petrol/diesel. Think there were some oil wells in and around the area, so I figured the municipal water must have had some contamination. Brushing teeth that day wasn't a pleasant experience either  Dodgy.  If it's still that way today, I definitely wouldn't use it for my humidifier. 

Otherwise, if it meets WHO standards for drinking water quality, should be ok. Shy
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants.... 
Post Reply Post Reply

Oils of any kind are nutrients for bacteria. Sort of defeats the idea of using distilled water, the idea of which is to provide water that is free of nutrients that support bacterial growth.

I wipe my mask with a lemon scented "wet one" each day and that provides a pleasant (to me) scent that seems to help a bit. I wouldn't put anything in the water in my humidifier personally.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Your brain is not the boss.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Water in my mask. VegasGMC 8 281 10-15-2017, 06:26 AM
Last Post: VegasGMC
  humidification water? Farther 5 198 10-10-2017, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Adding anything to your water is strictly not advised. Hope all is well Enose 0 167 09-09-2017, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Enose
  Resmed Airsense 10 Using Full Water Tank Every Night Nsquared1 21 1,196 09-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Gary1of2
  Tap vs distilled water HalfAsleep 25 882 08-28-2017, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Anyone pre heat ttheir humidifier water before use? CPAPreturnee 10 746 08-28-2017, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Anything other than water in humidifier? Sleep Viking 14 596 08-25-2017, 08:36 PM
Last Post: TheDuke