Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dizziness and cpap [and FFM]
RE: Dizziness and cpap [and FFM]
what kind of events do you get and what's your ahi? how long do you sleep? have you tried going without cpap for a night or two? do you think you're sleeping better or worse with cpap?

you might get some add'l feedback if you post some sleepyhead charts. respiration rate, tidal volume, minute ventilation, the relationship between inspiration and expiration times, might also be instructive.

it's hard to know what you mean by dizziness. maybe you can describe what you feel in greater detail.

lack of sleep, the rare occasions I get too much sleep, or when awakened abruptly from deep sleep, often leaves me tired, disoriented and fuzzyheaded. not having ever felt particularly dizzy from sleep and cpap, disorientation and fuzzyheadedness is as close as my experience gets me.

the fact that the ffm reduces your symptoms may be telling and is worth thinking more about, although it'll have to be someone a lot smarter than me about mask specs and the physics of respiration.

You've rec'd a surprising number of responses, considering. it might be to your advantage to provide more details.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe i solved my problem! I found a post on this site suggesting turning my cflex down or off. 3 nights ago I turned it to 1 with FFM and felt better with a little dizziness. The following 2 nights i used my nasal cushion with the 1 setting and felt good with slight lightheadedness. I actually felt pretty good this morning. I turned the clex off this morning and will see how i do tonight. I am hopeful this will work as I am so much happier wearing my tiny nasal mask compared to wearing the FFM and extremely happy about the dizzy problem being reduced. I want to thank everyone who helped me. I wish i could find the post that suggested turning the cflex off so I could try to thank them but i had no luck finding the thread. They did not go into why this would help and i would be very curious about the reason if anyone could shed some light on the matter. As a side note does anyone know where the spell check is as i did not see it up in the setting tab. 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
The spell check is within your browser. I don't think the forum software has it built in.

Edited to add: I checked and it does not. Most browsers have this function built in.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Looking back at the posts i realized i did not thank you for helping me. Thanks

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW Google Chrome browser spell check from a search result page:

"How do you turn on spell check on Google Chrome?
Enable Chrome's Native Spell-Checker. To enable or disable spell-checking, click the Chrome menu button in the top right on the browser toolbar. Select Settings and at the bottom click Show advanced settings. Scroll down to Languages and click the Language and input settings…Sep 25, 2013"
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks , also thank you for your earlier reply regarding my dizzy complaint. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Quite welcome Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dizziness and ear pressure/fullness after using cpap dizzy1 0 181 02-10-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: dizzy1
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,109 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  [CPAP] CA Events and Morning Dizziness gold3n 3 452 09-12-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: gold3n
  [Health] Dizziness and high blood pressure Okbutton 2 518 06-13-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ketanerp - Excessive dream, dizziness and sleep apnea. ketanerp 17 1,773 12-26-2022, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Lucid
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 23 3,061 02-02-2022, 01:16 PM
Last Post: geosyncline
  Dizziness Boxermum 11 1,337 09-22-2021, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Boxermum

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.