Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dizziness
Dizziness
I just received my REsMed Airsense19 autoset this morning. The technician was very informative and showed me everything.  He had the machine set at 6. I tried it for probably 3 minutes. I got very dizzy and he said to slow down my breathing.  He left 1/2 hr ago and I am extremely dizzy. Feel like I can’t catch my breath.  Svery scary.  I do suffer from bad PVCs and now it seems like they got worse after using the APAP machine for only a few minutes. I’m so disgusted I thought this might be the answer to my prayer for the continued pvcs.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dizziness
This sounds like an anxiety or panic attack. 6-cm pressure is very low and you might be hyperventilating. Try to relax and let's review why you have a new CPAP machine. I assume you had a sleep study. Did you also have a titration study where you used CPAP and a technician adjusted pressure?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your response.  My insurance wouldn’t pay for a in clinic sleep study so I had the at home which was ridiculous. I woke up with all red lights lit and the monitor was around my waist, and nose apparatus out.  They said they got 2 hrs of data. Said I have mild apnea. I’ve been suffering with horrible pvcs. Went to ER.  Every 6 seconds i would get pvc. They r thinking maybe the pvcs r from the apnea.  They delivered the APAP machine and showed me everything. Was set at 6 and max was 15. I thought I was going to pass out. I only lasted a few minutes.  He said I was having a panic attack.  I had no other tests done to see how I would repond to different pressure.  I actually changed the pressure down to 4 and 6 the max.  Was this the wrong Move?
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you using EPR? If not I'd set your minimum to 7cm and set the EPR to 3. I know it may sound funny to increase the minimum pressure, but what it will do is allow you to use the EPR to full effect. By using 3 EPR it will allow you to exhale easier.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Lab718. Welcome to Apnea Board.

I used to get very bad PVCs but they completely cleared up once my apnea was treated.

I agree with the other guys that the dizziness you feel is a reaction to the CPAP and not a problem with the machine itself. It's not uncommon to feel a reaction, especially if you are claustrophobic. It's hard to accept a new way of breathing with a plastic alien strapped to your face blowing air up your nose from a compressor!

The trick is to just take things very slowly and get used to the feel of the mask. Use it while reading or watching TV, start a few minutes then gradually build up so that you can wear it continually. I agree with Walla Walla - increase the base pressure to 7 and set EPR (expiratory pressure relief) to 3. This will give you a comfortable pressure to inhale, then drop the pressure by three whole points as the machine senses you exhaling. It should make it much more comfortable for you.

Once you're feeling comfortable with the mask and machine, share your sleep study report and we might be able to suggest some further adjustments for you and your therapist to consider. It's also a good idea to download and install the #SleepyHead software, which gives a very detailed analysis of what's happening on a breath-by-breath basis.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have developed a strong and scary dizziness Abrecaminos 7 223 04-18-2024, 06:46 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,246 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  Dizziness and ear pressure/fullness after using cpap dizzy1 0 210 02-10-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: dizzy1
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,166 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  [CPAP] CA Events and Morning Dizziness gold3n 3 480 09-12-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: gold3n
  [Health] Dizziness and high blood pressure Okbutton 2 568 06-13-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ketanerp - Excessive dream, dizziness and sleep apnea. ketanerp 17 1,819 12-26-2022, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.