Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What does this Screen Mean?
What does this Screen Mean?
Hi Smile While I'm not new to cpap or sleep apnea, I'm new to this site! I've had sleep apnea since I was 20, maybe. I used it faithfully for several years but stopped for no real reason Unsure I've started using it again & other than a few problems it's been good! I had wicked headaches at first but I started using a nasal decongestant & they went away Thumbs-up-2 When I 1st got the cpap machine I was taught how to adjust the settings (which I'm told is kinda rare?!). They did it because the Dr. wanted me to be able to find my comfort level, which has been crucial to being able to readjust to it. While adjusting the airflow/pressure I noticed one of the screens read "285 hr". Does anyone know what that means/stands for & how it might affect my ability to readjust to cpap, if at all?
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What does this Screen Mean?
I had one of those machines until January of this year. My guess is that represents the total number of hours that the machine has been used. If so, it appears that they have given you a used machine; or, is this your original machine? In any event, you should request an explanation from the sleep doc/therapist.

Also, did you check out the Users and Clinical Manuals at:

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ceo1282: Welcome to the rorum
If used it for about 5 years then 285 hours would be about right if you use it about 8 hours a day,so i think that what bobg1946 said total hours
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2012, 10:33 AM)lonnieb Wrote: Hi ceo1282: Welcome to the rorum
If used it for about 5 years then 285 hours would be about right if you use it about 8 hours a day,so i think that what bobg1946 said total hours
Sleep-well

Okay, I am not a genius math wiz, but, 8 (hours) times 365 (days in a year) is 2920 (hours). If it is total hours then that machine was only used for a bit over a month, based on an 8 hour sleeping schedule. Maybe it is 285 days of compliance or something?
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ceo1282, I don't know the answer to your question but hang tight for more suggestions. Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I was trying to say that the 285 was most likely total hours
Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I don;t think that we have all of the parts of the equation? Huhsign

I'm riding in mjbearit's boat. Your quoted hours is a little over a month of normal 8 hour usage.

Maybe thats the remaining life expectancy of your machine. Dont-know Seriously, I have no idea.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2012, 06:54 PM)JudgeMental Wrote: I'm riding in mjbearit's boat.
I,m on the same boat ..where is it heading Too-funny
[Image: 220px-Boating_in_fair_weather.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 ramps down as soon as touch screen is touched bcodemz 3 464 10-23-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen tierdal 12 3,201 07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: silverdr
  [Equipment] Screen Light - how to turn off Hopingforachange 4 2,046 04-04-2023, 01:50 AM
Last Post: zellem
  A10 Mod: Anyone Know How To Keep The Screen Bright When Lights Are Off? player 5 4,835 01-26-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Does AirMini app have a histogram screen? tfield98 5 1,045 11-15-2022, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Brentjackson
  Why is my screen stuck in therapy mode? BobbieM 0 612 08-16-2022, 09:35 PM
Last Post: BobbieM
  From where is the AS10 screen sleep data derived? Doctor 6 822 04-06-2022, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Doctor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.