Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do CPAP/ APAP machines really work?
RE: Do CPAP/ APAP machines really work?
(07-01-2015, 07:21 AM)MickD Wrote: Anyone have any advice for a newbie?

Thanks,

Mick.

1- Sleep disordered breathing (SDB) - Must-see video for new Sleep Apnea patients
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...hing_(SDB)

2- Tips for new CPAP users (avoiding 10 common problems)
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...CPAP_users

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
I have been using a Resmed Airsense 10 Auto for around a year now. Because I sometimes mouth breath I use the Resmed airfit F10. Can't make my mind up if it is helping me a lot. I have adjusted the mask to various positions and at present is is reasonably tight, because as I sleep on my side, the pillow must slightly move the mask position and I get the silicone seal 'flapping' around my cheek, which it turn wakes me up. Still feel tired during the day, have installed the Sleepyhead software and it records my patterns, but don't really understand it. Would appreciate some advice
Thanks and Regards
Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all your replies, will run through them later but just wanted to add....

Last night was much better I only woke once, still feel really tired today though but I imagine it will take a while to feel better... one question though when I woke this morning the pressure was really strong and didnt stop until I switched the machine off ( its set to auto ) the pressure was 17.2 on the machine, not sure how long it had been that high is this normal?

Mick.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2015, 04:28 AM)MickD Wrote: Thanks for all your replies, will run through them later but just wanted to add....

Last night was much better I only woke once, still feel really tired today though but I imagine it will take a while to feel better... one question though when I woke this morning the pressure was really strong and didnt stop until I switched the machine off ( its set to auto ) the pressure was 17.2 on the machine, not sure how long it had been that high is this normal?

Mick.
Normal, can mean different things for different people
Could be just for brief period, but you'll need to download ResScan or SleepHead software to see pressure swing during the night

The machine display efficacy data on "advanced info menu" (press and hold both silver buttons for 3 sec) ... usage, mask fit, AHI, 95th percentile pressure and leak, providing "Sleep Quality" set to "On" (not Usage) from the clinical menu
95th percentile number means pressure or leak was at or below this number for 95% of the night

Post Reply Post Reply
OK Thanks Zonk, I have downloaded SleepHead and will have a look tonight when I get home. If I connect the memory card to the software it wont delete the data will it? its just I'm going back to the sleep clinic next week and they will be examining the data also.
Sorry for all the questions just learning :-)
Thanks,
Mick.
Post Reply Post Reply
Downloading the data form the SD card would do no harm at all ... all good
Whenever, the card placed back in the machine, the machine write compliance and therapy data for up to 365 days on the SD card
Detailed data written directly on the SD card, providing the card was inside the machine, while using it

Here what the S9 SD card stores
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

Its been advised to lock the SD card before inserting into card reader and unlock before inserting into the machine

Post Reply Post Reply
locking the SD card is especially important for RESMED machines when using Windows 8, 8.1.

SleepyHead does not cause any SD card problems. But the Windows operating system tries to put an index file on the SD card, and RESMED machine DOES NOT LIKE IT.

unlocking is then important to do in order for the CPAP machine to continue use.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok downloaded the info into Sleepyhead, not really sure what I'm looking at or what results need to be but one thing did jump out at me was the amount of large leaks I had ( it has reduced on the second night but there were still a few ), so looks like I need to work on my mask or change it... will persevere until I see the guy next week and take it from there.

Mick.
Post Reply Post Reply
One thing I noticed as well this morning, when I woke the pressure seamed really high again until I switched off the machine, but what is also happening is air is leaking from the valve on the mask, should it do this or could the valve be faulty? it looks OK and the flap moves freely, is it because the pressure is too high, does the valve work like this ( i didnt think it did? )

Mick.
Post Reply Post Reply
some light leaks at the valve are ok. gushing air is probably something to investigate. the only time it did this sort of thing for me is when I did not seat/connect the valve-elbow completely into the mask connection.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 108 9 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 371 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 576 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 432 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,422 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.