Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do Hypoallergenic filters lower the output pressure in a ResMed S9
Do Hypoallergenic filters lower the output pressure in a ResMed S9
Hi,

I'm new here and have been reading and researching a lot. I seem to remember reading somewhere that hypoallergenic filters can cause the output pressure to be lower than what the machine readout says it is, but now I can't find where I read that.

Has anyone experienced that? Do you know where I might have read that?

Thanks,
LesPauloholic
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do Hypoallergenic filters lower the output pressure in a ResMed S9
Welcome to the forum.

As far as I know, the pressure sensor is on the output side of the blower. Hypoallergenic filters shouldn't have any effect on output pressures.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sgearhart!

LesPauloholic
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi LesPauloholic,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't notice any problems with my pressure using a hypoallergenic filter.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Shouldn't.
Post Reply Post Reply
LesPauloholic ,

I am going to install one tonight on my new S9 Autoset. The filter would only cause a very subtle pressure drop IF the flow rate was very high. I would put the filter right at the output of the machine since this is the lowest "impedance" point, not near your mask. I prefer to breath the cleanest air possible due to my allergies. If anyone if interested I can measure the pressure drop at the highest flow rate that the machine is capable of producing. Jay

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2015, 10:20 PM)Analogdesigner Wrote: I would put the filter right at the output of the machine since this is the lowest "impedance" point, not near your mask.
That probably apply to the antibacterial filters, not to hypoallergenic or standard filters
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2015, 12:07 AM)zonk Wrote:
(05-04-2015, 10:20 PM)Analogdesigner Wrote: I would put the filter right at the output of the machine since this is the lowest "impedance" point, not near your mask.
That probably apply to the antibacterial filters, not to hypoallergenic or standard filters

Hi zonk, you are correct, my mistake, I use an antibacterial filter! Jay

Post Reply Post Reply
IIRC, There is a setting in the S9 for the antibacterial filter.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2015, 04:55 AM)justMongo Wrote: IIRC, There is a setting in the S9 for the antibacterial filter.

No such setting to my knowledge, the only setting to do with filters is a reminder option when to replace the filter but got nothing to do with the antibacterial filter

According to ResMed "Antibacterial filters are not compatible with the ClimateLine, ClimateLineMAX or SlimLine tubing but can be used with the Standard air tubing". Also ResMed warn "Blocking the air tubing and/or air inlet of the S9 device while in operation could lead to overheating of the device.

10.25 am, time for morning Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 95 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 842 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 329 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  How can I lower my AHI? jstro84 26 2,480 01-13-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: jstro84
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,135 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Cleaning filters bookwyrmtoo 2 396 12-20-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Can I lower the pressure? GaspForAir 11 917 12-11-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.